2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
    For those that had talked about a Chandeleur trip send me a pm. I have dates.
    Hey bud. Which charter and which dates

Comment

Text sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chase15 View Post
        It was over quick this morning in the surf. Done around 6:45 and caught released for another hour before havin a beer and cleaning on em. They wanted a tail with some flash worked down low. Threw a top for awhile before daylight with no blowups, guy next to me threw a Mirrodine for a few hours and only caught 2.

I was surprised how much I enjoy those pink beers.

Comment

Sent Phillip.

Comment

I went to the surf after work this evening. Couldn’t buy a bite until I put on the Mexico Special, aka Voodoo Shrimp. Lots of dinks. I wasn’t keeping any but probably only had 2-3 small keepers out of about 25 fish.

Comment

Took my kids to surfside this morning but no takers on shrimp. May take my son back in the morning and chunk some tails.

Comment

Some good surf reports on 2Cool... DSL's on 1/4oz heads down low and slow after being unsuccessful with tops to start...

Comment

I went to the surf after work this evening. Couldn’t buy a bite until I put on the Mexico Special, aka Voodoo Shrimp. Lots of dinks. I wasn’t keeping any but probably only had 2-3 small keepers out of about 25 fish.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Some good surf reports on 2Cool... DSL's on 1/4oz heads down low and slow after being unsuccessful with tops to start...

Man it’s hard for me think about that heavy of head

Comment

Me too Brent, but with a strong current, sometimes it's necessary...

Comment

Look at the bright side... you can stand in ankle deep water and cast far enough to fish all the way to the outside of the 3rd bar!

Comment

I always use 1/4 oz. in the surf. Deeper water, and you can punch it through the wind. Seems like more often than not, I catch those surf trout down in the water column. If I’m in the bay, the biggest I use is 1/8.

Comment

Anybody drove from Sargent to Cedar Lakes cut lately? If so how is it?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                                Look at the bright side... you can stand in ankle deep water and cast far enough to fish all the way to the outside of the 3rd bar!
                                And that's real handy on cool mornings and you're not quite ready for the special depth

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X