Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Time for some new binos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My next pair will likely be Leica rangefinders

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
      Bought a set of Pentax 10x42 years ago and haven't looked back. Only thing I've looked thru since then that got my attention was a Leica rangefinder.
      I have the Pentax 10x42’s that my Dad bought many years ago. I’ve looked thru and used extensively everything that’s been listed in this thread other than the Maven products. I’m NOT saying my Pentax are as good as Swaro’s, but when looked thru side by side, it’s not enough difference to make me spend the cash on the Swaros right now. I’ve won several sets of nice Binos in matches in the past including the Razors and some Leicas. I kept my Pentax and sold the sets I won. Two weeks ago we had a match and I compared them to Swaro’s and Zeiss. Had all 3 pairs mounted on a RRS tripod. My Pentax are good enough for me right now.

Comment

Lots of great options for under $1000. I dont need anything that nice to help me kill a deer. So Nikon, Leupold, Vortex is all I would ever consider for taking to the blind here in Texas. Curious why Leupold isn’t in the running?

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
          I have the Pentax 10x42’s that my Dad bought many years ago. I’ve looked thru and used extensively everything that’s been listed in this thread other than the Maven products. I’m NOT saying my Pentax are as good as Swaro’s, but when looked thru side by side, it’s not enough difference to make me spend the cash on the Swaros right now. I’ve won several sets of nice Binos in matches in the past including the Razors and some Leicas. I kept my Pentax and sold the sets I won. Two weeks ago we had a match and I compared them to Swaro’s and Zeiss. Had all 3 pairs mounted on a RRS tripod. My Pentax are good enough for me right now.

Comment

I just picked up some Razor HD 10x42 from Arrowsmith, great price and really great binos.

I agree for hunting in Texas, you don't need more than these.

If you were hunting Western states every year and spending a lot of time glassing, then that would be a good reason to spend the extra money on some Swaro's.

Comment

I bought the Swarovski ELs and love them. I would usually get a new pair of binoculars every 3-4 years because they wouldn’t focus or wouldn’t be clear anymore. Have had the Swarovski’s going on 10 years and they are clear as the day I bought them. Leica, Vortex and Zeiss make good glass.

Comment

Got me a pair of Leica Geovid with range finder. WOW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                  Buy once Cry once..... Swarovski SLC
                  Although I do not have them yet, I agree with this thought.

Comment

Originally posted by clinthwt View Post
                    Got me a pair of Leica Geovid with range finder. WOW!!!
                    I compared Leica Geovid's side-by-side with Zeiss Victory and preferred the Leica's much more. And then also throw in the rangefinder function and IMO it's a no-brainer...

Comment

Well I ended up meeting up with Larry (Texas Bino guy) today and bought a pair of slc 10x42. Very impressive glass. Good guy to deal with too. He even met me half way to lessen the drive.

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                        Lots of great options for under $1000. I dont need anything that nice to help me kill a deer. So Nikon, Leupold, Vortex is all I would ever consider for taking to the blind here in Texas. Curious why Leupold isn’t in the running?
                        I like Leupold also. Kids gave me some leupold binoculars for Christmas and they are great. OP said he had a beat up old pair of Leupolds. They have a lifetime warranty whether or not you are the original owner. He could send them in and get them fixed or replaced for free & have a very nice pair for backup.

Comment

Originally posted by Monark View Post
                          I like Leupold also. Kids gave me some leupold binoculars for Christmas and they are great. OP said he had a beat up old pair of Leupolds. They have a lifetime warranty whether or not you are the original owner. He could send them in and get them fixed or replaced for free & have a very nice pair for backup.

Actually I was planning on sending them off and having Leupold go through them. Then I decided to just keep them for a back up pair that I could just keep in the truck and splurge on a nice set of higher end ones. Unfortunately earlier this year they got left on the back of the ranger one evening and fell off never to be found again. Nothing against Leupold. I’ve just been wanting a set of higher end binos for a long time. I actually had borrowed a set of Leupold gold rings from a buddy. They were nice but not much better than my $350 ones.

Comment

Maven B2 11x45 don’t think twice.

Although Vortex’s CS was extremely quick fixing my now wife’s razors that broke on me.

Vortex price point isn’t a bargain anymore,

Comment

I have a pair of Zeiss Victory that are in great condition that I will make someone a killer deal on. They are super clear.

Comment

Working...
                              X