Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Time for some new binos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a Steiner guy

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
      B2 have better light transmission, but they are heavier. I see you are in Floresville, if you would like to meet me this weekend let me know and you can check out the Mavens B2 and C1.

I might take you up on that

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
        Maven B2 9x45
        This gets my vote. I have the 10x42’s though

Comment

Go used and get better glass.

I’d go SLC if you could.

Comment

If swaro is out of the question I’d say Zeiss

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$ey View Post
              Its time for some new binoculars and I’m looking for some advice around the fire.
              My budget is about 1k so swaros are out. Here’s the 4 that I’ve been considering . I’d like to stay in the 10x42 category.

Zeiss conquest
              Leica trinovids
              Maven b1’s
              Vortex razors
              I’ve yet to go out and compare any and looking through them in the store isn’t going to tell me a whole lot anyways. The only ones I’ve used in the field were the conquest and they were nice but all I had to compare the to was my beat up old Leupold’s.
              What are y’alls thoughts on the ones mentioned and or anything else I should consider?
              Thanks and Merry Christmas!
              Maven B2 over the razors.. But I would go Razors over the B1.. I have never looked through the Zeiss or Leica

Comment

These were/are a good deal. A lot of TBH members bought a pair and you see them sometimes for sale in the classifieds.
                Last edited by Thumper; 12-24-2018, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Bought a set of Pentax 10x42 years ago and haven't looked back. Only thing I've looked thru since then that got my attention was a Leica rangefinder.

Comment

Probably Razors. I had the razors and sold them for Swarovski EL’s. I get the budget and it really depends on how you are going to use them. If you are doing Alaska style mountain hunts then keep saving. If you are doing Texas style then the Razors.

Comment

Do yourself a favor and look through Sig Zulu 7’s or 9’s before you commit. I have a pair of 7s and Swaro ELs and the Sigs do not disappoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                        Buy once Cry once..... Swarovski SLC
                        This!! Buy used and go Swaro...you won’t be disappointed!

Comment

I forgot to mention....Cameralandny had some Zeiss rangefinding binos for very close to that. Even if they don’t...they will make you a vet good deal on some demos or new glass.

Comment

Those SLCs will be like new from Swaro. They no doubt put new glass if needed and went over them thoroughly. Even if several year sold they will be like new now.

Comment

1k budget? Lucky you

I will hold on to my Nikons.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                                Buy once Cry once..... Swarovski SLC
                                If you’re gonna buy once and cry once go ahead and go with the EL’s.

Comment

Working...
                                X