No announcement yet.

Red Wolf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting for sure. What did y'all end up doing with him?

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
      Apparently it was edited out.
      I saw it too.
      It was in the link.... which is gone now

Comment

Interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

“He escaped the trap overnight. He is probably looking for his family. Good luck little buddy and stay away from humans.”

This is the part that disappeared and the part about sampling dna and the size of the dog was added from the original post

Comment

I grew up listening to song dogs in west Texas. At my property in northeast Texas, some of them howl like a wolf. Don’t have to see them to know they exist...or at least partly exist.

Comment

I don’t see why they can’t still be around... mature bucks disappear or hide whatever you wanna call it, why couldn’t wolves? How many do people see and just say oh no it was a coyote cause tpwd said they’re not here anymore?

Looks like a red wolf to me but I’m no expert.

Comment

Yep, possibly a wolf. Had a friend caught one in Jefferson County, it was bigger than a yote and looked a lot like that one.

Comment

I knew a man who chased wolves with dogs in Polk county through the 70's. Yes I have seen them growing up there. No, they were not coyotes.

Interesting thing is, when my second daughter did a report on wolves when she was in elementary school in Colorado, she had a book that showed the location of red wolves, and there was one small spot in east Texas. Call BS all you want, but I have yet to see a black panther.

Comment

I have been hearing for years of people seeing red wolves around the state. If I remember correctly the state of Texas tried to reintroduce the red wolf sometime back or talked about it. I think they tried, naturally a lot of ranchers were ****** off over the idea.

Comment

I vote wolf from the pics.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                        I vote wolf from the pics.
                        agree with unclefish

Comment

most of these experts on here don’t even know what a red wolf is , they hear wolf and think timber wolves or game of thrones dire wolf LOL

Comment

Let s call it a wolf and move on.

Thanks for sharing OP.

Comment

Op, can you provide a link or citation for that information source? I would like to follow up on the author and that incident if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post
                                “He escaped the trap overnight. He is probably looking for his family. Good luck little buddy and stay away from humans.”

This is the part that disappeared and the part about sampling dna and the size of the dog was added from the original post
                                I deleted the part about him escaping because that did sound a little silly but nothing was added.. The sentence
                                About the DNA sampling was and still is in the authors original article..

Anything else you need to know?
                                Last edited by PondPopper; 12-12-2018, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X