Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

test

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
    I was told the deer would be genetically tested. Not sure of the results.
    That won't happen.

Comment

Agree!

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
      Can we be 100% certain about anything?

That said, there are no high fence places anywhere near where he was killed. And he's not the first 200"+ deer killed in the area. He's not the first 200"+ deer I've personally seen.
      In this age of fake news is anything real?!? LOL

It does seem here in North Texas in parts of Grayson, Collin and Denton county these toads seem to almost be another strain of deer/genetics. Down where my place is I do know that the State brought in deer from South Texas. The lady that killed that monster near Blooming Grove a few years ago, they did do genetic testing and linked it back to a South Texas deer.

No doubt years of light pressure, refuges on govt land, no Collin deer season, bow only in Grayson, etc has helped these monsters thrive and grow. It just seems they are almost like Midwest type deer. Just different from your average 8 and 10 point deer. I've killed old, old bucks that never sniffed 120, much less 200. A lot of people will say age but for my .02 cents age is an overrated variable. I'll take genetics and habitat any day of week and twice on Sunday over age when it comes to these beasts.

Can't believe this thread is still going lol!!!

Comment

I know the 278” deer story has been beat to death but I just heard a new twist that I was hoping someone could verify or debunk.
        I apologize if this has already been covered.

Story is that Travis felt so guilty about getting caught that he admitted to poaching another giant a year or two before. He turned over the mount to Stoney after getting busted on the 278” deer.
        Anyone know if this is true? If so did he get any additional punishment for this?
        I remember seeing him post up another close to 200” deer taken in the same area a year or three ago. Wondering if that one was illegal too.
        Scanned this thread but couldn’t find any specifics.

Comment

Originally posted by FireNguns View Post
          I know the 278” deer story has been beat to death but I just heard a new twist that I was hoping someone could verify or debunk.

Story is that Travis felt so guilty about getting caught that he admitted to poaching another giant a year or two before. He turned over the mount to Stoney after getting busted on the 278” deer.
          Anyone know if this is true? If so did he get any additional punishment for this?
          I remember seeing him post up another close to 200” deer taken in the same area a year or three ago. Wondering if that one was illegal too.

Several mentions of another buck in all the 278 threads...even back in the beginning. But no mention of extra time specifically for it.
          Last edited by Smart; 12-21-2018, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FireNguns View Post

They confiscated multiple sets of antlers/mounts, had not heard that he self reported himself.

Comment

During the investigation more poaching was uncovered but I don't think he did it because he felt guilty. He simply got caught.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by Maxlab View Post
                Should have been fined way more, since he admitted this wasn’t his first time Poaching.
                Career Poacher.

Travis should never be able to purchase a Texas hunting license again IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                  Deferred adjudication? So he keeps his nose clean for 2 years and then no record? Can't buy a hunting license during the 2 years? Yep, $53k is a hit, but if I was the judge, probably would have gotten a "no hunting" lifetime sentence too, especially if he is a repeat offender.

X2

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
                    By the company that some of the “great hunters” that were on here defending him keep, they are probably doing about the same kind of hunting as he was.

This ^^^^

Comment

We'll never know the truth unless we can get Snowden or Assange to join TBH.

Down thru the wormhole we go again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
                        That's not a mistake, that's a life of crime.

Yup

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                          $53K might have been plenty of a fine.
                          But 2 yr. probation is WAY too light.
                          10 yrs minimum. He stole from every hunter in the state a very rare genetic carrier while on a neighbors land, etc
                          I have zero tolerance for thieves. Poachers are thieves.

BP

X2

Comment

Originally posted by Widowmaker View Post
                            I find it entertaining that there are still those on here, who keep trying to “defend” his actions as a repeat poacher ,who was caught red-handed, admitted, and it’s documented in black and white! SMH

Exactly. He’s a criminal who repeated his bad decisions... ban him permanently from hunting again !!!!

Comment

After watching another thread on this topic the old saying men are worse than women at hen hacking has been proven many times over.

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
                                i just hope this POS is permabanned from this forum.

Agree

Comment

Working...
                                X