Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

AR county question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not open for interpretation. A point has to be at least 1" long to be a point. Period. A ring is old school stuff and doesn't apply! It's not law!

If you have a spike on one side and it has a 3/4" antler coming off it then it is still unbranched.

Comment

Would be a gamble with that kicker off the base.

Looks like he grew out that way and it isn't broke.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        If you know he wasn't legal then why shoot him now? Is he old?

Yes really. It's the law.

If he's a young 8 point why not let him live and mature? If he's an old buck then I can see it

To answer your question, yes he's a legal buck. All it takes is one unbranched antler. The law doesn't differentiate between naturally unbranched or broken off. The intent of the law is to let young bucks mature. I personally would not shoot a 3 1/2 year old or younger that I knew was broken off. 4 1/2+ that was still inside 13" that just happen to break I think I would cull him.
        I didn’t call him a liar, nor have I broken the law....relax.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
          I didn’t call him a liar, nor have I broken the law....relax.

What?? No one said you called him a liar, or accused you of breaking the law.

I responded to you saying "really." And said "yes really, it's the law" in reference to the post you quoted about a deer with a missing antler. I'm not sure where you saw anyone accuse you of lying or breaking a law.

Sounds like someone does need to relax
          Last edited by AntlerCollector; 12-10-2018, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X