AR county question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinda like this one?

He WAS an illegal buck before his dumb *** got carried away . He’s broke right past brow... a “spike” on right side. Saw him trailing a doe on feed route a few weeks ago. Still the same. Then got pics of him on another property a mile away and have a friend with pics took mile north of there. Lol

He’s a risk taker
    Attached Files

Comment

Like this one? First couple pics I had I thought he was a spike on 1 side, but up close it looks like the little kickers would make it branched. Maybe? I don’t know. It is common here to have uneven racks so it’s hard to tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

From that pic I think he grew like that vs broke. And the kicker at base ain’t 1”, in that pic he looks like a legal buck

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
          That’s how I read it. “At least one unbranched antler.”

Why not? OP’s deer sounds like it has “at least one unbranched antler.”
          Because you can break a beam in the field if you shoot a AR ilkegal deer and claim its a single point. Must be a naturally grown point

Comment

Originally posted by Mountaineer View Post
            Like this one? First couple pics I had I thought he was a spike on 1 side, but up close it looks like the little kickers would make it branched. Maybe? I don’t know. It is common here to have uneven racks so it’s hard to tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Its likely the wardens would use that little tag point against you.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
              Because you can break a beam in the field if you shoot a AR ilkegal deer and claim its a single point. Must be a naturally grown point

Where does that ^ come from?
              Is that in the Outdoor Annual???

Comment

Originally posted by bigtex76 View Post
                His g1 is only thing left on the one side and it’s about a inch. He was a 8 within the ears or now a 5.

If you know he wasn't legal then why shoot him now? Is he old?

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                [/B]
                Really?
                Yes really. It's the law.

Originally posted by bowhuntingw View Post
                Unless meat hunting, why shoot a deer that is broken off?
                If he's a young 8 point why not let him live and mature? If he's an old buck then I can see it

To answer your question, yes he's a legal buck. All it takes is one unbranched antler. The law doesn't differentiate between naturally unbranched or broken off. The intent of the law is to let young bucks mature. I personally would not shoot a 3 1/2 year old or younger that I knew was broken off. 4 1/2+ that was still inside 13" that just happen to break I think I would cull him.

Comment

Its likely the wardens would use that little tag point against you.
                  Both of these are true, game wardens carry a ring device for determining points, if he can hang a ring on it, it's a point.
                  Last edited by bossbowman; 12-10-2018, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                    Both of these are true, game wardens carry a ring device for determining points, if he can hang a ring on it, it's a point.
                    "A point is a projection that extends at least one inch from the edge of a main beam or another tine"

So is a ticket issued on the ring criteria or 1" definition?
                    Can a ring hang on a 3/4" projection? 7/8" ? 15/16?
                    Is this just any 'ol ring? key ring or thicker wedding band?
                    Can the hunter supply the ring for testing?

"If the ring fits you must acquit" ....regardless what the rule says?
                    Last edited by Philip-TX; 12-10-2018, 09:07 AM.

Comment

This, I would have to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post
                        "A point is a projection that extends at least one inch from the edge of a main beam or another tine"

So is a ticket issued on the ring criteria or 1" definition?
                        Can a ring hang on a 3/4" projection? 7/8" ? 15/16?

"If the ring fits you must acquit" ....regardless what the rule says?
                        Best answer I've gotten, depends on the GW, it's open for interpretation, same deal with broke antlers. I'm sure you could take it to court, but our county seems to side with the LEO more often that not.
                        Last edited by bossbowman; 12-10-2018, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Point must 1" to be considered a point.

Comment

Would be easy for a game warden to assume you broke the antler off if was broken off while antlers were already hard.

Comment

I would check with the game warden. Seems that too many mistakes would be covered up with a hammer.....

Comment

The wrong information is rampant on this thread...I don't even know where to begin.

Comment

Working...
                                X