No announcement yet.

Woodpeckers vs game cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try gluing some nails around the PIR sensors. Make it where them pesky woodpeckers might spear themselves...

Comment

Never mount camera to a tree or wooden fence post. Peckerwoods will get em every time. We lost 4 in one month until we started mounting them to metal T posts.

I believe they are actually pecking at their reflection in the lens.

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
        Tie wrap a Rubber Snake Above your Camera. We Used to Loose Half Our Cameras a Year to the Peckerwoods. And all was Mounted On T post. Since the Rubber Snakes we Only Loose one when A Roadrunner Stills The Snake
        I started putting rubber snakes in mine 3 months ago. Since then I have realized that I could easily step on a snake without seeing it! The birds are ripping the snakes off, dropping them near by and knocking my cameras down or tilted. Wood pexkwrs have killed 4 of my Browning Strike Force cameras this season.. I don’t have a solution yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
          Thanks.

James at Snyper tried to get me to re-brand the T-Shade as the PeckerWrecker. Unfortunately that might drive web traffic I might not want.
          Some customers swear it did the trick other not so much.
          Might be worth a try though.
          Use coupon code TBHFS for free shipping if you order.
          Dang....that’s funny right there!

Comment

Catch him with a rat trap I’ve heard.

Comment

A buddy of mine, had woodpeckers that damaged trail cameras and solar panels. I watched a woodpecker peck the crap out of one of his solar panels on a feeder, then peck the 55 gallon steel drum. Not the brightest birds.

Comment

Why not just kill the ****** heads!!!
                Knock on wood (pun intended), never had one on mine!!!

Comment

Maybe try not strapping the cameras to the tree? Use the posts that hold the camera out away from the tree. Probably makes it harder for them to get footing while pecking on your cameras. I've never used the straps and never had a problem with woodpeckers. Worth a shot?

Comment

Never had a problem till this season and they got my Covert cell camera. Expensive!

Comment

Question, is the camera near your feeder?

The reason I ask is we had a few cameras go down like this and we figured it was either a woodpecker seeking out that specific piece on each camera, or the more logical thought is the feeder is slinging corn and breaking it. We moved the cameras back a little and never had an issue.

I am sure most have test fired a 600 pound all seasons. Those things really fling corn with enough velocity to do this.

Just a thought.

Comment

Had this happen before I order new lenses and replace. Kind of annoying and had to do it alot but camera works great still I think after one or two lenses poked out.

Comment

I've lost 4-5 cameras this year to woodpeckers

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol58 View Post
                            Question, is the camera near your feeder?

The reason I ask is we had a few cameras go down like this and we figured it was either a woodpecker seeking out that specific piece on each camera, or the more logical thought is the feeder is slinging corn and breaking it. We moved the cameras back a little and never had an issue.

I am sure most have test fired a 600 pound all seasons. Those things really fling corn with enough velocity to do this.

Just a thought.

It's not corn doing it

Each camera is only damaged where the IR sensor is.

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
                              Had this happen before I order new lenses and replace. Kind of annoying and had to do it alot but camera works great still I think after one or two lenses poked out.

http://www.snapshotsniper.com/HomeBrewProducts.htm

Good link. Thanks

Comment

If your willing to do the work should save you hundreds

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                                Good link. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X