Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

News said the kid in Cuero broke Dickerson's 4A rushing record. Growing up I think Dickerson was the best NFL runner I watched. I was on the west coast and the Rams were on TV a lot, but I thought he was better than Dorsett and Payton

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
      Texas got a Top 6 Bowl Game because OU was selected for the playoff. That pushed all the Big 12 teams up one slot.

It is a mountain to climb for Texas, but I am ready to see them compete. They have played up or down to their competition all year, so this is their chance to play up. I mean, Texas gets street cred just for playing them so anything else is gravy.
      Obviously the committee didnt look at the level of competition or rankings as the case may be. OU was the only top 10 team they played. I have never heard of a whole conference moving up because one team made it to the playoffs. Never heard of that before...or street cred? Whats that.

Not sure how the committee came to their conclusion. I thought there were several other teams more woethy. Just surprised me.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
        News said the kid in Cuero broke Dickerson's 4A rushing record. Growing up I think Dickerson was the best NFL runner I watched. I was on the west coast and the Rams were on TV a lot, but I thought he was better than Dorsett and Payton

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
          Obviously the committee didnt look at the level of competition or rankings as the case may be. OU was the only top 10 team they played. I have never heard of a whole conference moving up because one team made it to the playoffs. Never heard of that before...or street cred? Whats that.

Not sure how the committee came to their conclusion. I thought there were several other teams more woethy. Just surprised me.

Because the Big 12 and SEC have a contract to play in the Sugar on non playoff years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Hmmm, how about that?

Chad are you excited about the UGA matchup?
            Last edited by lovemylegacy; 12-21-2018, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Right, but 4a was the second largest division then I believe. Whittington is essentially doing it at the 3a level. Not taking anything away from the kid, he's a great athlete but it's not an apples to apples comparison. And no offense, but he's not Eric Dickerson!!

Comment

And now there's basically 2 divisions in all classifications. It goes back to everyone wins a trophy

Comment

Hmmm, how about that?

Chad are you excited about the UGA matchup?

Yes and it pays out 18 million to each participant. Gotta make the cash grab for the conference. Heath hit the nail on the head. Texas year has been to play up or down to their comp from start to finish. We’ll see what a month prep and getting healthy does... I like the month prep as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                    No need to waste a ship on Zach Evans with a RB like that in the fold. Jimbo says thank you. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Gig ‘em.

Comment

2018/19 College Football Pre-Bowl Season

This Texas V Georgia matchup reminds me of the A&M v Tenn matchup in the Cotton Bowl under Coach Fran.

Fran had his improved year in the Big 12 and was overmatched against a deep SEC team. We couldn’t match the size or debth and got crushed in the trenches. It was embarrassing and a realization that we were no where near the level of competition.

Last edited by Brock Middlebrook; 12-21-2018, 04:50 PM.

Comment

I want to see the best game possible, is UGA and the horns that? I guess we will know on Jan1.

You bring up contracts and 18 mill, I could care less about that.

UCF or OSU would have been a better opponent there. UCF can play with anybody in the top 5.

Comment

2018/19 College Football Pre-Bowl Season

I want to see the best game possible, is UGA and the horns that? I guess we will know on Jan1.

You bring up contracts and 18 mill, I could care less about that.

UCF or OSU would have been a better opponent there. UCF can play with anybody in the top 5.

It’s the reward for finishing runner up and OU making the playoff. Same for UGA...Is what it is. If Texas wins, it’ll be because UGA wasn’t interested.

I disagree on UCF, they played nobody.

Last edited by Chad C; 12-21-2018, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                            Right, but 4a was the second largest division then I believe. Whittington is essentially doing it at the 3a level. Not taking anything away from the kid, he's a great athlete but it's not an apples to apples comparison. And no offense, but he's not Eric Dickerson!!
                            I have not seen the kid play. I just had not heard the name Eric Dickerson in awhile and it got me thinking of what a back he was. Sounds like a good game for Cuero either way

Comment

I have not seen the kid play. I just had not heard the name Eric Dickerson in awhile and it got me thinking of what a back he was. Sounds like a good game for Cuero either way

Comment

Robert Strait was another pretty good back from Cuero back in the day.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                                X