This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    You keep telling yourself that. Clingin to that first game loss are ya? Silence would be a better option. LOL.

For starters you are 100% wrong, as usual.

NO ONE gave Texas a chance.

Oh yeah, Texas was in the playoff discussion as the 5-6 team midway through the season. I'm sure the players felt they had a chance to run the table and get in.
    I don't bet sports but end up listening to a lot of sports talk spending a few hours driving everyday. The biggest theme to the way they handicapped bowl games was motivation of the teams. TU and Georgia was the game used as an example nearly every time the conversation came up. It was a letdown spot for Georgia all along. No way I would have bet Georgia, especially to cover 10-13 points.

My only post on this game from back in December
    Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
    Safe bet, especially with the Dawgs being disappointed in not making it to the CFP.

I guess he didn't see the posts from his buddies leading up to the game. They were quoted twice after the game.
    See the troll comment in my post.

Ya'll seemed to miss the last part of my post.
    Maybe Georgia just "played down to their competition". I seem to recall a lot of that statement coming from the TU faithful after an early season loss to Maryland and a near miss with Tulsa.

Comment

No Texas fans were saying what you speak of. The national media and SEC leg humping Aggy was.
      yall have really been hurt havent you? you guys need to get past the defeatist attitude and start expecting to win every game. its not supposed to be a huge surprise when texas wins. top programs never stay stuck, and are always capable of spoiling someones season.

again, great win!

Comment

Best quote post game was from several of the Dawg defensive players, "We never thought they'd come at us that hard?" I've said all year long Texas was the most physical team in the Big 12. They screwed themselves with a lot of help from officiating in the conference title game, but hey...**** happens. It would have been the Sugar Bowl regardless.
        Last edited by Chad C; 01-03-2019, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
          You're right, Texas is Texas and yet they were an 11-13 point dog with a month to prepare. I expected the Dawgs to cover in a good game. They have more depth and have been playing at a higher level. Texas did what Texas is always capable of doing. Never take a Blue Blood lightly!
          exactly. all the top programs go into a down cycle. they never stay there. just imagine is urban meyer went to usc! we would all be hating that, guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
            Is it too early to start talking about next year?

imo - 11-2 would be epic. Remember, LH's are graduating an excellent Senior class, butch of starters and weekly contributors. Guys that went all in with TH after Strong was fired. We have some good younger guys but nothing's guaranteed in CFB and 18-19 yo's. It's gonna be fun and interesting to watch. Their all TH recruits and should fit the system and schemes better.
            This is what keeps me from not going all in on TH just yet. He's obviously better than Chuck but it was a veteran team. Next year tells the tale IMO. There will always be ups and downs and every coach is subject to issues(except Saban maybe). I'm also curious if he's really a riverboat gambler or if that was just part of the transformation of culture and trying to help the team gain confidence, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
              exactly. all the top programs go into a down cycle. they never stay there. just imagine is urban meyer went to usc! we would all be hating that, guaranteed.
              Since when has Bama and Clemson gone into a down cycle? They are the new norm and the new standard all can aspire to

Comment

Texas loses a lot, but played a ton of kids behind all of them the entire season.

Comment

TH is going to put faith in his kids to make plays. ive seen enough to know that already.

that onside kick to start the half, and going on 4th and 1, when a fg gives texas a 16 point lead, is les miles-esque.

thats a compliment, for those who dont know.

Comment

TH is going to put faith in his kids to make plays. ive seen enough to know that already.

that onside kick to start the half, and going on 4th and 1, when a fg gives texas a 16 point lead, is les miles-esque.

thats a compliment, for those who dont know.

I like his risk taking...but that onside kick was pretty much a no-brainer. You can start on the 25 with a touchback or get a chance at the ball at the 40-45 because of the penalty at the end of the half. 15 yards isn't that big of deal when you have the chance to come up with the ball ..

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                      Since when has Bama and Clemson gone into a down cycle? They are the new norm and the new standard all can aspire to
                      what? youre putting clemson in elite class? they have played a bit better than .600 vs the acc long term.

bama is bama but you obv have forgotten the dubose franchione shula decade.

you want texas to be clemson? cool hook em.

Comment

what? youre putting clemson in elite class? they have played a bit better than .600 vs the acc long term.

bama is bama but you obv have forgotten the dubose franchione shula decade.

you want texas to be clemson? cool hook em.
                        Nobody said anything about long term. I said the new standard and new norm. So you think Clemson sux? 54-4 last 4 years. And in the title game again. There won't be a drop-off in performance from them or Bama. I guess you are more interested in yester years and what a team did 10 or 50 years ago. So if moral victories years ago keep you warm at night keep it lit. I wish I was on the Bama or Clemson train

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                          Nobody said anything about long term. I said the new standard and new norm. So you think Clemson sux? 54-4 last 4 years. And in the title game again. There won't be a drop-off in performance from them or Bama. I guess you are more interested in yester years and what a team did 10 or 50 years ago. So if moral victories years ago keep you warm at night keep it lit. I wish I was on the Bama or Clemson train
                          i understood the subject to be the cyclical nature of programs. not immediate short term results.

if texas goes 7-5 for the next 30 years, they will then become clemson. its not that hard. good luck.

to add an interesting twist to the subject, when saban retires, bama WILL call on dabo to come home to his alma mater. it is at that time, we can see who the clemson coach thinks to be the truly elite program.

Comment

i understood the subject to be the cyclical nature of programs. not immediate short term results.

if texas goes 7-5 for the next 30 years, they will then become clemson. its not that hard. good luck.

to add an interesting twist to the subject, when saban retires, bama WILL call on dabo to come home to his alma mater. it is at that time, we can see who the clemson coach thinks to be the truly elite program.
                            It may reveal a lot of other things as well

Comment

Woo hooo. CJ will be huge next year. Come on LJH.

What was up with the great Aggie fans? I was shocked to see the stadium half empty. 38,000. Wow.
                              During the game, I told my Aggy wife, what's up with the empty stadium? I thought the aggy fans traveled better than that.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

Yikes. Smallest crowd since 1952.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X