No announcement yet.

Who is in for Constitutional Carry for Texans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m in favor of it...for LEGAL Texas residents and US Citizens.

Lot of folks showing up at the border these days. Wouldn’t want them to assume they have certain rights they don’t have...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

it's crazy how people cry about losing their constitutional rights but when asked about the biggest one we waffle. Blows my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Rakkasan2187 View Post
        it's crazy how people cry about losing their constitutional rights but when asked about the biggest one we waffle. Blows my mind.
        Agreed. Can you imagine saying, "well giving the state a check and having them educate you before you can speak in public really isn't infringement." ?

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
          You would think it would be an easy concept for Texans to unite behind.

Too many nervous Nancies (even on here) worried about what other people are doing.

Of course I’m sure it constitutional carry did pass there will be blood in the streets just like it was when concealed carry was passed and open carry was passed… Oh wait.

There will be zero change to anyone’s life if it passes except more freedom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Absolutly

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Too many nervous Nancies (even on here) worried about what other people are doing.

Of course I’m sure it constitutional carry did pass there will be blood in the streets just like it was when concealed carry was passed and open carry was passed… Oh wait.

I remember the open carry debates on here as well. The fear mongering and panty wadding was insane.

Comment

Well I came from AZ in 2013 and to be honest this state is not what I had thought .. Why is there a need for a Lic at all . why must some one go through a course shoot a target and get a pat on the back and say your good to go .

No lic open carry if you want TX is far behind in this area than other states .

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Agreed....

As a LEO, I've seen open carry twice while working and both times was completely a non-issue.

Comment

I like LTC because at least a carrier is somewhat taught about firearms and is asked to shoot said firearm before they are allowed to carry one. If there was no LTC classes every tom **** and harry could go into Academy, buy the biggest pistol they could and carry it around without the slightest clue how to use it safely and when. For most on this site it all seems like common sense but look around at your office, restaurant or walmart and I bet you could quickly point out 2-3 idiots that you wouldn't trust with a loaded glock 22. It won't weed out all the idiots but it will weed out some and slightly educate the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                      I like LTC because at least a carrier is somewhat taught about firearms and is asked to shoot said firearm before they are allowed to carry one. If there was no LTC classes every tom **** and harry could go into Academy, buy the biggest pistol they could and carry it around without the slightest clue how to use it safely and when. For most on this site it all seems like common sense but look around at your office, restaurant or walmart and I bet you could quickly point out 2-3 idiots that you wouldn't trust with a loaded glock 22. It won't weed out all the idiots but it will weed out some and slightly educate the rest.

I remember that exact argument from the open carry debates, and still have no idea where that leap comes from. As I and someone else from a state with Constitutional Carry stated above it is a non issue. I guess we don't apply that same logic to long guns?

Anyone who was ignorant and trying to become educated in my LTC class was definitely worst off after the class. I hear that same thing about a lot of the classes. Many classes are nothing more than sales pitches for the multiple "carry insurance" brands, many are led by "instructors" who spew nothing but idiocracy, a few are actually helpful. The whole thing is a joke.

Comment

In

Comment

I'm for it.

But they should've made this happen already. Pledging to get it done if re-elected is stupid to me. Why were you there in the first place?

"Several Texas lawmakers signed pledges at the Texas Republican state convention promising to work on passing constitutional carry if re-elected to the House."

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post

That argument carries ZERO weight with me.

If a person makes the decision to carry a gun, they should EDUCATE THEMSELVES on the weapon and the laws and suffer the consequences if they do something dumb. That whole personal accountability thing.

They shouldn’t rely on uncle sugar (gov’t) to educate them on this.

Comment

We like to pretend we are a “free” people here in TX. More so than the rest of the country but nothing could be further from the truth. This is just another example.

Comment

It is so far down the list of stuff I care about. I mean I wouldn't vote against it, but the only thing it could do is effect me negatively. I've got a LTC, say this passes and LTC goes away. Now I can't bypass NICS checks anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X