Who is in for Constitutional Carry for Texans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    That's because it's the only one that allows people who shouldn't own a gun to own one and kill innocent people.
    There is no way to reconcile the rift between the two sides.
    The battle will be lost not because the good people who have and carry guns do things that are wrong but because we can do nothing to stop the ones who are not good and do wrong from exercising the same rights we want to keep.

Gary
    Man has been doing wrong since it's creation and will continue to do so until its destruction. The entire point of the Second Amendment is to make sure those that do right can counter those that do wrong. It is intended to keep people free. Given these freedoms, you are responsible for your own safety.

Comment

We passed open carry swords in 2017... don't see a lot of sword toting. I think constitutional carry will be the same. Those who carried will carry, those who didn't won't start.

I'd love to see some improvement in the background check database to run concurrent. If you can own one, you should be able to carry it, but there should be at least some due diligence about who can own.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
        We passed open carry swords in 2017... don't see a lot of sword toting. I think constitutional carry will be the same. Those who carried will carry, those who didn't won't start.

I'd love to see some improvement in the background check database to run concurrent. If you can own one, you should be able to carry it, but there should be at least some due diligence about who can own.
        That is only common sense, which isn't in abundance these days!

Comment

Several states already have CC, it's no big deal.

The hysteria is the same as people freaking out over OC, which is the EXACT same hysteria as liberals and their "Blood in the streets!!!!!" BS over guns in general.

It's literally just people freaking out about change.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post

The hysteria is the same as people freaking out over OC, which is the EXACT same hysteria as liberals and their "Blood in the streets!!!!!" BS over guns in general.

The naysayers won't even acknowledge this. Just like the OC debates when that was pointed out they just ignored it. Which makes me believe a lot of the concerns are simply projection.

Comment

For it

Comment

Thugs are already enjoying more constitutional rights than the rest of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't care one way or the other. If they pass it, great, if they don't oh well. I will still go on with my CHL. Bigger fish to fry at this point. Like why can't I go buy a suppressor, or a SBR, or a missile launcher if I can pass a background check TODAY?

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                    Don't care one way or the other. If they pass it, great, if they don't oh well. I will still go on with my CHL. Bigger fish to fry at this point. Like why can't I go buy a suppressor, or a SBR, or a missile launcher if I can pass a background check TODAY?
                    Agreed, but Texas already allows as much freedom as they can under the NFA in regards to those items. We should be on our Federal Representatives behinds to do something about that. At the state level, this is about as big as it gets in getting firearms related freedoms back in Texas.

Edit: "This" meaning Constitutional Carry.
                    Last edited by Clay C; 11-28-2018, 02:12 PM.

Comment

100% for it.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

saw it mentioned once in here (maybe more, I skimmed pretty fast)... another consideration is with no LTC, every firearm purchase must then go through NICS. Not a huge deal, but will slow down the purchasing process and make it easy for big brother to keep track of how many purchases you are making.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post

My position.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                              saw it mentioned once in here (maybe more, I skimmed pretty fast)... another consideration is with no LTC, every firearm purchase must then go through NICS. Not a huge deal, but will slow down the purchasing process and make it easy for big brother to keep track of how many purchases you are making.
                              IMO it is non of the governments business what or how many firearms i own.

my .02

Comment

Working...
                              X