The Eternal Flame - Keep it Burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
    I can't fathom what the Smith family must be feeling right now, but what a perfect place to remember Blaine ... an eternal flame.

Your light will shine forever, Blaine!
    Ditto TexasTaxi!!!!

Comment

Prayers for Devin and his family.

Comment

Shine on Blaine! You've given us a lot of memories for a young man of 15 years.

Comment

Good night TBH. Here's to hoping Devin and his family are doing well in this tough time. I don't know Devin and didn't know Blaine but it's still had me down all day. The loss of a child always just flat out sucks. I really don't know what else to say. Devin, you and your family....I'm so sorry man. I hope y'all are alright.

Comment

Very, very sad! May God Bless and comfort the Smith family & and all of the TBH family grieving over the loss of a very remarkable outdoorsman. Rest in peace, Blaine! You made a difference!

Comment

Good morning all!

Comment

Morning all..... still kinda in awe. No words can express the amount of heartache that I have for the Smith family. Prayers continue to go up^^

Comment

Here!

Comment

Morning... I believe we might have some extra nice weather this weekend... perfect time to be out and enjoying time w/ our family & friends!!!

Comment

Not a good time to be away from loved ones...
                      Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Putting the final touches on the plans for the trip to Wichita Falls. I'm praying God delivers strength to those attending so that they can support the Smith's during this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                          Putting the final touches on the plans for the trip to Wichita Falls. I'm praying God delivers strength to those attending so that they can support the Smith's during this time.
                          I will be unable to attend.

Please hug the Smith's for me and convey my sincerest condolences.
                          Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                          l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                          ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Originally posted by firemanjj82 View Post
                            Well, this is my first time on this thread, even though I have passed by it several times, so it is definitely time to post something:

A lot has changed since November 2009: I sold my house, family moved in with my in-laws (It's really been a good time. Honest.), found out that we are having a boy (Creed Holt Johnston), we built a house, and we are finally moving in this weekend after a paperwork fiasco for the last two weeks. Soon after we move in, we may have 2-3 weeks till my new hunting buddy is here. I already have my 3 year old daughter in training, so I will soon be starting anew with him. It has been an exciting few months and it is only going to get even more so. I come on here almost everyday just so I can see the new posts and see if anyone is selling anything I can't live without (12 ga. semi-auto, btw). Its been my one constant that I can count on. I enjoy coming on here and seeing what others are up to, going through, and been through. It is amazing what you can learn on here! Its definitely a family forum that I am proud to share with my family. My wife has liked it since I put a post on here about potty-training our daughter and we got more advice than we did from our own friends. I got more advice on potty-training than I did on hunting! Thats when you know that everyone here is just like everyone. We are here to support when needed with prayer requests, lift each other up, and congratulate one another when we post pictures of our recent hunting prize, fishing trip, or family addition. I have been on other forums for vehicles that I have owned and there has never been anything outside of what is going on with everyones rides. No personal investment. Here, its like being at the deer lease everyday. It is a breath of fresh air when the rest of the day has gone awry. I work in a fire department where we hold the term "brotherhood" as valuable as gold, and I can say the same for here. Lord willing, I will continue to be a part of this "brotherhood" for as long as I can. Thanks for lettling me be a part of it.
                            I don't post over here much either...usually just read.

I hope you don't mind but I borrowed part of this post for my signature. Well said.

Comment

Sitting in the Cavern Club on lower Greenville in Dallas listening to my youngest son's band play a gig. I'm getting too old for this.

Comment

Drug myself into work tonight, wishing I didn't have to come. Now sitting here reading what everyones been doing and going through I'm glad to be here and glad to be able to pay my bills. Knowing my family will be glad to have me home in the morning. I will eat breakfast with them as they are getting ready to go to church. I have it good and realize I should not gripe about having to come to work when so many are wishing they had a job to go to. Thanks be to our awesome God for so many blessings!!

Comment

Working...
                                X