The Eternal Flame - Keep it Burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's gonna be fine Chew....I'm more worried about his Pop

Finally broke down and got the old Z/28 out of storage yesterday evening. She was a bit dusty, dead as heck battery. Had an extra battery just in case. Two pumps on the accelerator pedal for prime, 3 second turn over and BRUMMMPHHHHHH!!!!! Oh yeah - fire and thunder Stuck the truck in the storage unit and locked things up....hit the car wash....low-sleek and black is back.

Makes my 35 mile commute on I-10...thru the hills a little more interesting. I'll run her a couple of days just to burn the gas tank down some....refill with hi-test and boost and back into storage she goes. I haven't driven her since last August.

Comment

Too pretty outside again to be in here. Starting to look like a warm turkey season.

Comment

Just got the coon trap baited and set.
        Got 9 coons that could use a little lead.

Comment

Hello all bttt

Comment

Spent last Friday calling a couple of long lost Coast Guard friends of mine. One lives in Delaware and the other Southern California. Both are men of the sea...still to this day. We go back to our early 20s...surfing, fishing & hunting as we worked for the Coast Guard. We lived on Chincoteague Island Virginia, single with nothing but time and the outdoors.

Delaware Dan is chasing yellowfin tuna offshore, when the tuna migration is on.....Japanese will drop a bit of coin on a 100+ lb fish. Got the offshore boat partnering with his brother. They troll the IGFA stuff offshore for the big stuff and shift gears and run a smaller boat inshore for stripers. He hasn't hunted in years (bowhunter) and mentions it's getting tough to find a place to go where he lives now. His youngest is now enrolled at Delaware State and he sez it's only a matter of time before he comes down here to visit and check things out. I bet he stays...it's more his style here and the offshore scene in the Gulf is year round. Single now....it's time to think beyond.

California Kev is rocking the Southern Cali rock & roll scene (lead & bass guitar), carving duck decoys (learned this during his time in Virginia) and surfing his place south of the border at Scorpion Bay Mexico. Kev bought a beach side parcel 20 years ago....added a bunch of stuff to make it liveable and he's in the process of building his Baja Beach house. He's got 10 surfboards in storage and stated all I need is my wetsuit and it's on LOL! Kev is self made, has a few rental condos in SoCAL now...works for himself and basically lives like a West Coast Surfer dude. Back during his teens, he was a Florida waterski standout on the slalom circuit. I got him into surfing and we surfed Cape Hatteras a ton...when the swell and winds were prime. Spent many a day soaking side by side dropping in and yelling as the day rolled on...catching waves. He's married, 8 year old son.....loves being a Dad. About time...he got a late start!

Man it felt good to talk to these guys. It's been since 2005 since I talked to Dan and 1986 since I talked to Kevin. We have a lot of catching up to do.

LIFE IS COOL!
            Last edited by AtTheWall; 02-25-2009, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Just got back to Houston

I thought Houston highways was bad. Dallas is worse IMO

Comment

A mezkin at Burger King asked me if I wanted "Kemuch". I said "What's kemuch"? He pulled out a handfull of Ketchup.....

Comment

Here...still at work...

Wishing everyone well.

Comment

Just got done on Turbo Tax playing with my taxes. I still want them done by a professional, so I can discuss a few things. I had to pay Kentucky state income tax for the two months I lived up there, but I got most of it back.

Comment

with the nice weather we are having I am gonna have to hit the river tomorrow afternoon and try and shoot some carp and gar.........

Comment

here..personal news- i just put an offer on my first home!!

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                          Spent last Friday calling a couple of long lost Coast Guard friends of mine. One lives in Delaware and the other Southern California. Both are men of the sea...still to this day. We go back to our early 20s...surfing, fishing & hunting as we worked for the Coast Guard. We lived on Chincoteague Island Virginia, single with nothing but time and the outdoors.

Delaware Dan is chasing yellowfin tuna offshore, when the tuna migration is on.....Japanese will drop a bit of coin on a 100+ lb fish. Got the offshore boat partnering with his brother. They troll the IGFA stuff offshore for the big stuff and shift gears and run a smaller boat inshore for stripers. He hasn't hunted in years (bowhunter) and mentions it's getting tough to find a place to go where he lives now. His youngest is now enrolled at Delaware State and he sez it's only a matter of time before he comes down here to visit and check things out. I bet he stays...it's more his style here and the offshore scene in the Gulf is year round. Single now....it's time to think beyond.

California Kev is rocking the Southern Cali rock & roll scene (lead & bass guitar), carving duck decoys (learned this during his time in Virginia) and surfing his place south of the border at Scorpion Bay Mexico. Kev bought a beach side parcel 20 years ago....added a bunch of stuff to make it liveable and he's in the process of building his Baja Beach house. He's got 10 surfboards in storage and stated all I need is my wetsuit and it's on LOL! Kev is self made, has a few rental condos in SoCAL now...works for himself and basically lives like a West Coast Surfer dude. Back during his teens, he was a Florida waterski standout on the slalom circuit. I got him into surfing and we surfed Cape Hatteras a ton...when the swell and winds were prime. Spent many a day soaking side by side dropping in and yelling as the day rolled on...catching waves. He's married, 8 year old son.....loves being a Dad. About time...he got a late start!

Man it felt good to talk to these guys. It's been since 2005 since I talked to Dan and 1986 since I talked to Kevin. We have a lot of catching up to do.

LIFE IS COOL!
                          nothing in the world like catching up with old friends, glad you found them

Comment

Targets are set for the weekend shoot....I'm hungry now.

Comment

Spent the day in Austin today.....where did all those people come from??!!

Comment

Just got back from a 2 day pre deployment manning conference.

This deployment is going to suck.

Comment

Working...
                                X