No announcement yet.

The Eternal Flame - Keep it Burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found out a little bit ago that the hearing to remove rights from the bio parents for the two children we are looking to adopt has been set for December 19th. While this is great news for my wife and I still think about what the it must be like for the kids. Still no guarantees but, God has moved us one step closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good for y'all Nathan, praying for His favor for y'all.

Comment

Been a great day. Ran to the lease to put a new base on my stand, mowed grass at the house, and had backstrap for supper.

Comment

Same here but worked cows in the new squeeze chute. This thing is a Cadillac

We worked round 80 head and while tired we're not worn out to exhaustion like years past

Comment

What? Wait? You're turning them in the same pen your standing in?

We did the same thing, only day I was worried we had bought a new brahma momma who was snit. She had done put one of the alley boys at the auction barn on the ground that morning and we made her plenty mad shoving worm medicine down her throat. I figured she was gonna turn on us when we opened the chute, she did stop and give us a look but then went on out in the pasture. I was relieved.

Comment

Beat LA!

..... the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Comment

The Eternal Flame - Keep it Burning

So you know how you have a plan and you are positive without a doubt going to make that plan work and then God says "well you see I have another plan".?? My wife and I have been on this adoption journey for close to two years now and we have been working a plan to adopt a sibling group of two. A three year old girl and her one year old brother and we are still on that plan but, yesterday at the adoption day we met a wonderful 13 year old young man who absolutely stole our hearts....!!! Before the day was done yesterday we had talked to his worker and sent out emails about him. On the way home yesterday my wife and I had already made a plan to get the house to the point that we could get him in a room with our bio-son and the two little ones in a room together.!! I believe the construction/demolition begins tomorrow.!!

You wanna hear God laugh...tell him your plans.!!

Comment

Best of luck with your new son! That's awesome.

Comment

Yea he's harmless Tim it's our cows you gotta watch.

Here's the biggest we ran thru today, Jack is our foundation sire

Cicero is our JV sire (AKA son in law to Jack)

New chute and gates in pens worked great, we got a few glitches to fix and improve before the next round of vaccinations in seven weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      Best of luck with your new son! That's awesome.

Hey thanks chew..!! Just be in the look out for the construction/adoption sale coming soon... lol..!! Also I want to take this opportunity to tell anyone who may be thinking or has thought about doing foster/adoptive care to please pray on it and look into it. I will tell you it is not a quick journey but, I will tell you it is so amazing to watch God work in your life with a little faith and patience in him. Ok screen is getting a hard to see so someone tell a joke or something..

Comment

Originally posted by nathank View Post
                        Hey thanks chew..!! Just be in the look out for the construction/adoption sale coming soon... lol..!! Also I want to take this opportunity to tell anyone who may be thinking or has thought about doing foster/adoptive care to please pray on it and look into it. I will tell you it is not a quick journey but, I will tell you it is so amazing to watch God work in your life with a little faith and patience in him. Ok screen is getting a hard to see so someone tell a joke or something..

Great stuff Nathan, congrats to y'all on your coming adoptions and thanks for being obedient to God's call.

Comment

Headed to Liberty this morning for another day on Grand Jury.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                            Headed to Liberty this morning for another day on Grand Jury.
                            7 out of 12 showed up this morning. First time GJ has been cancelled due to Jurors not showing up. Can't understand why they wouldn't call and let them know they couldn't make it.
                            Oh well, we meet again next Thursday to make up for today.

Comment

Red October.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gary 25 inch Oct red tbh.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	24466087

Comment

Great story Nathan

I have a thirteen year old brother who is adopted

Comment

Working...
                                X