The Eternal Flame - Keep it Burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hillary View Post
    I've been chasing a blackbuck for way too long. He has been dancing all around me all weekend.
    Send me some luck that I get his this morning before I lose my mind!!!
    The prize is your goal Hillary, stay with it gal!

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
      The prize is your goal Hillary, stay with it gal!

You are my good luck charm. Just connected. Stay tuned!!

Comment

Good luck Hillary!

My mom would have celebrated her 79th birthday today. This is the first one without her. Sure miss her.

Comment

I hunted the Delevan refuge in northern Cali yesterday. We shot a mixed bag, but the fellow who had a reservation for Saturday is a young man (20) I met at the archery club years ago and I took for his last junior hunt 5 years ago. He got married in July and his wife is a sweetheart, and shot her first duck.

They were burning ag land south of the refuge (I assume a rice field) and this was the first time I've hunted ducks with smoke blowing north into our pond. We hoped it would push all the birds out of the closed zone inbetween the fire and our pond, but no.

My cell phone camera does not capture the colors, and the sun was absolutely golden color through the smoke.

Comment

Good luck on the recovery Hillary.

I've got 15 Bean & 3 Pepper Soup with sausage and fix-ns, in the slow cooker today. Home grown: hand full of red and green chilis, hand full of red and green japs, and 3 orange hobanero. Going over some brown steemed rice when it gets done.

Comment

Originally posted by Hillary View Post
              You are my good luck charm. Just connected. Stay tuned!!
              That was quick. Congrats.

Comment

I found out I'll be a Grandpa in May! Baby is going to be born in rural Montana where my son lives.

If it's a boy, they're naming him William and calling him Willie.

I can't wait to retire, be there and hunt and fish.

Comment

Previously I asked for prayers for my friend Zack who was involved in a crash on his motorcycle when he hit a patch of gravel in September. I wanted to say thanks for the prayers, and that Zack is going to finally get to leave the hospital this Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                    Previously I asked for prayers for my friend Zack who was involved in a crash on his motorcycle when he hit a patch of gravel in September. I wanted to say thanks for the prayers, and that Zack is going to finally get to leave the hospital this Saturday.
                    That's good news, what is I think it's called prognosis? How's he doing?

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                      Awesome for Zack!

Congrats Bill!

Hillary ever bag that buck?

I harvested a 9pt WT this morning.

Comment

Congrats Bill, grandkids are the greatest!

Thanks for the update Patton, glad he is home.

Congrats on the 9 pt Friar.

Looking forward to the gun opener this Saturday and hoping the rain doesn't turn it into a mud bath.

Comment

First day to hunt this season. Looking forward to some time in the stand.

Comment

First day was a bomb with all the rain that wasn't suppose to hit our place came with a full blown deluge. Blew rain into the stand from 2 sides and put me in the back corner trying to stay dry and warm. Top that off with a camera that is giving me fits not taking pics and driving me nuts over what the problem is.
                            Went back yesterday evening and got in the stand late and about 20 minutes before dark little buck with some long horns steps out. He's been on my camera before it messed up so I know he's got a couple small points down low that keep him safe this year. He's looking off to my right pretty hard so I look out the side window and there's his girlfriend easing down the treeline. I watch them dine on food plot and corn til I can't see no more and give them another 15 minutes, then slip out of my stand and ease back to the truck.
                            After they left I eased down and reset my camera and put a different card in with hopes it will start working properly. Will go back and check it in a couple days to see if it's back on track, and pull it and carry it home if not.

Comment

One of those you'd rather be hunting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	24415569

Comment

My hunting partner asked me to go to Granger WMA and go hog hunting with him so he could give a Mexican Family a hog for tamales. Apparently they cut down a dead tree for him while trimming theirs. (My hunting buddy is an effective killer/hunter, however he gives me all his meat). I told him..."dont go kill another critter, just come get a quarter of your mouflon or a quarter of your Granger hog from my freezer and give it to them."

He said, "Ive got the itch for Del Rio doe." I said, "Well my itch was pretty well scratched when I bagged a 9 point and processed over 96 pounds of meat."

I had to impress upon him..."the sooner you help me clear up my freezer....the sooner I have a reason to go hunt more meat".

Comment

Working...
                                X