No announcement yet.

The Eternal Flame - Keep it Burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day three of working 16's on a E-job. First two days were rough but sitting here in Freeport waiting on fine tuning is get tiresome!

Comment

I hear ya, I spent 6 hours in a hot shop in Midlothian watching mechanics inspect trucks and trailers yesterday. I was ready to head home when they finished, got home about 11:40 last night.

Comment

Well it's looking like I'll be here till saturday. Don't know yet but that's the scuttlebutt coming down the pipe

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
          Well it's looking like I'll be here till saturday. Don't know yet but that's the scuttlebutt coming down the pipe
          Well have a fun time Russ, we're headed to Galveston Island for a few days of R&R tomorrow after work.

Comment

Found a hen dead in the coop this morning. Rigormortis hadnt set in completely. I was gonna defeather and process her but ants kept coming out of her chute. Creek turtles were fed good today. I was a bit disappointed. She was part of a batch that we bought off the internet...turned out most were cocks. The cocks had tore the back side of her head off from continuous mating. I put her with the rest of the hens and she had healed up. I think she was trying to lay and the heat got to her. Maybe a snake strangled her to get the egg beneath.

Last week I found a dead Texas coral snake near my cat's elimination area. Hooray Kitty Kat!

Comment

I think this post may finally get me Pope & Young.
              I'll also use the post to say that I'm throwing in the towel with bowhunting. A few years ago I found out that I have a neurological problem that is benign but I get shaky, I can't shoot worth a hoot. I don't need to be out there wounding critters.
              Been at it since the first deer season in Kansas in 1965. I never got into trophy hunting or the numbers game. Just soaked in a lot of time learning, and observing all that nature threw my way.
              I'll never forget the flight of the arrow, and when it was on target, the reward.
              Out comes the camera. Black bear in Arkansas, deer anywhere I can, and my favorite, birds.
              It's been good, real good.

Comment

Congrats on the P&Y.

Comment

Sorry to hear you're throwing in the towel but a mans got to do what a mans got to do. Hope you stick around to give us youngsters advice.

Comment

test

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
                        I'll also use the post to say that I'm throwing in the towel with bowhunting. A few years ago I found out that I have a neurological problem that is benign but I get shaky, I can't shoot worth a hoot. I don't need to be out there wounding critters.
                        Been at it since the first deer season in Kansas in 1965. I never got into trophy hunting or the numbers game. Just soaked in a lot of time learning, and observing all that nature threw my way.
                        I'll never forget the flight of the arrow, and when it was on target, the
                        Out comes the camera. Black bear in Arkansas, deer anywhere I can, and my favorite, birds.
                        Sorry to hear about your medical issues, Bill. I have slowed down on my hunting activities, mostly because I don't have the patience to sit in a tree, trying to be still, while freezing my butt off anymore! I will still hunt but from a comfortable Krivoblind when I can get it down to my buddy's ranch in south Texas.

Plan to fish more!

Comment

Good morning TBH!!!!!

Let me say it louder for my geriatric friends!

GOOD MORNING TBH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
                            I'll never forget the flight of the arrow, and when it was on target, the reward.
                            Bluesman...Your continuing appreciation of God's critters and desire to be outside with them, despite the limitations, is inspiring. If you need some meat....holler. Hopefully youve a hookup. I look forward to seeing some of your photos...please share.

Tmag....thanks for speaking up. Im 35 and have tinitus. Im forever saying "Excuse me?"

Saw two bucks at 9:45am yesterday passing by my orchard during a shooting session. Came home from a ball game last night to a healthy sized doe stirred from bedding in the pasture along the treeline. Im getting excited and hungry.

Ordered a green full body suit from Bushlans. Real nice folk.

Good morning TBHers.
                            Last edited by Briar Friar; 08-15-2015, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Have not minded having a October wedding until today. Yea it's during hunting season and yea we're honeymooning at the new lease BUT....

We forgot to see when the Go Texan turkey shoot is. Yup, October 17th

Guess them Gardner boys can win this year

Comment

Been a great 3 days weekend for us, enjoyed a couple days in Galveston and a great Sunday seeing folks accepting our Lord in their life. Got my yard mowed yesterday afternoon, the new Gravely 60" is the best I have ever had.

Comment

Working...
                                X