• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your investment could go up in smoke.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomerang View Post
      Your investment could go up in smoke.
      Haha, best comment. Personally I wouldn't do it too much uncertainty for me.

I think there is a moral side to this as well. (The fact that the end user product will do harm.) If you would be OK with investing in an alcohol or cigarette company then I guess this isn't much different.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdog View Post
        Haha, best comment. Personally I wouldn't do it too much uncertainty for me.

I think there is a moral side to this as well. (The fact that the end user product will do harm.) If you would be OK with investing in an alcohol or cigarette company then I guess this isn't much different.
        Many including myself would disagree with this cannabis is not comparable to alchohol and certainly cigarettes but that’s another topic was hoping to stay on the original topic so this won’t get whacked great info so far

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
          Many including myself would disagree with this cannabis is not comparable to alchohol and certainly cigarettes but that’s another topic was hoping to stay on the original topic so this won’t get whacked great info so far
          I think you misunderstand what I was getting at. Marijuana is not good for you, it's not like drinking a glass of water. The comparison I was trying to make is that there are other products out there that are not good for a person to use, but people use them anyway. Companies sell them and make money selling them. Investors invest in those companies and make money. Alcohol and cigarettes are the first thing that come to mind as far as a comparison of things that are not good for people to use, many use them anyway and companies produce those products.. When I invest in something I do think about what it is I am supporting and the moral implications of it. Not all money is good money. I was actually trying to look at this from an investment perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
            i bought CGC 2 years ago, have done real well.
            I bought some (stock ) about 8 months ago and have also done well.

Comment

I’m interested. Y’all throw out some companies currently producing or that you have “high” hopes for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
                I’m interested. Y’all throw out some companies currently producing or that you have “high” hopes for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Canopy Growth (CGC), Cronos Group (CRON), Tilray (TLRY), Aurora Cannabis (ACB) and Aphria (APHA)

Comment

Originally posted by Kdog View Post
                  I think you misunderstand what I was getting at. Marijuana is not good for you, it's not like drinking a glass of water. The comparison I was trying to make is that there are other products out there that are not good for a person to use, but people use them anyway. Companies sell them and make money selling them. Investors invest in those companies and make money. Alcohol and cigarettes are the first thing that come to mind as far as a comparison of things that are not good for people to use, many use them anyway and companies produce those products.. When I invest in something I do think about what it is I am supporting and the moral implications of it. Not all money is good money. I was actually trying to look at this from an investment perspective.
                  So that's like your opinion man . Who says it's not good for you?
                  IMO, its healthier than a coke, those poptarts you feed your kids, advil, tylenol, or the millions of other products people could care less about.
                  It is good for you

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                    Canopy Growth (CGC), Cronos Group (CRON), Tilray (TLRY), Aurora Cannabis (ACB) and Aphria (APHA)

Be careful. https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/...on-trends.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If any of you start a grow in Texas and need someone to show you how it’s done give me a shout

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                        If any of you start a grow in Texas and need someone to show you how it’s done give me a shout

Lol. I was gonna say earlier. When it is legalized here there will be zero need to import growers from outside of Texas.

Comment

Dave's not here

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                            Be careful. https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/...on-trends.aspx

Solid info! Thanks for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                              Lol. I was gonna say earlier. When it is legalized here there will be zero need to import growers from outside of Texas.

I grew up in Hawaii so I bring out of state knowledge

Comment

I've got some used equipment if anyone is interested. Served me well in college. Il make someone a deal

Comment

Working...
                                X