Vehicle financing rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fulldraw_529 View Post
    And I have most experience in Chevy and dodge, and a little with the 7.3. But to say they are not an option at all in a business like yours because you have only experience with a ford is an invalid argument for yourself. Keep an open mind. You just might be surprised. Heck Nissan is even trying to get into the game with the Cummins in the Titan lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I’m looking for a truck that will tow, and tow well. If you have ever driven a 7.3 then gotten in a new 6.7 right after and drove it you will know what I’m talking about. It’s nice being able to pull weight and not worrying about putting your truck under a load. A 7.3 will pull anything you hook to it, but it takes 3 days to do it. Hook the same load to a 6.7 and it’s like it’s not even back there. As well as having the longevity and ability to make long trips without having to worry about an old part wearing out and breaking in the middle of nowhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
      Thank you sir!!

One other thing. I got a '12 F-250 with the 6.7. I have had exactly one problem with it. I blew the plastic intercooler tube, and was a 15 min fix. I have 141k on it right now.

Don't rule out those trucks. They just need to be run hard. A diesel that is babied always has issues.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
        One other thing. I got a '12 F-250 with the 6.7. I have had exactly one problem with it. I blew the plastic intercooler tube, and was a 15 min fix. I have 141k on it right now.

Don't rule out those trucks. They just need to be run hard. A diesel that is babied always has issues.

Some horror stories about the 11-14 turbos, fuel systems, and transmissions. Reason I’m trying to stay away from them

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
          I'm not trying to beat you down...I promise.

Been sitting right where you are right now, and that thinking put me in serious trouble.

I've got a loaded 2016 F350 4wd King Ranch with about 43K miles on it that is worth less than 50K right now.

It's way more truck than you would need, but it's still under warranty.

Not trying to sell it to you, just saying that there are trucks like that out there that would save you some money and still be way more than you would need.

I've learned something every single time I've been broke....wrongly thinking that I 'deserved' something (just because I wanted it) was one of the harder lessons

It's easy to make a bunch of money -- hanging on to it is what is difficult.

Great wisdom here.

My two pennies: OP you mentioned that if you get some contracts you'll be able to "do whatever you want financially". I've had that thought before (more than once) and have actually won some of those contracts but I don't know anyone (and I do know some very wealthy people) that can "do whatever they want financially". You may be able to buy whatever truck you want, or live where you want to, but the issue seems to be with most of us (me included) that the more contracts we get, the more we realize we "need". The "wants" then tend to grow with the income and they turn into things like an rv, a bay house, a ranch, a house in the mountains and then a bigger rv, a bigger bay house, bigger ranch, and bigger house in the mountains ad infinitum... If I know anything at all I know its important to live within your current means and to constantly ask yourself if the next purchase is a need or a want.

I won't preach to you anymore, you appear to be a driven man and I commend you for that and I also commend you for seeking advice from old people, that's not the norm with your generation. Good luck to you and fwiw I've had great luck recently buying a year to two year old diesel trucks with higher mileage and then driving them for a couple years. Good luck!

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to meet with a guy about two finished pointers that I've decided I need today!

Comment

I walked in and told them I have line of credit for 2.5% from the bank, they matched it in the spot. Under 3 is achievable.

Comment

4.74 interest rate! Ouch..very ouch baby!
              need to get like 1.50

Comment

I’ve got a buddy in a similar line of work that bought his 2015 f-350 crew diesel 4x4 brand new about 40k.
                It’s a work truck. Vinyl floors, no heated seats, no touch screen.

Look for the right truck for your application and you can bring that price down significantly. If it’s really a work truck, buy a work truck. That grass you are cutting doesn’t know your butt drove up sitting on leather.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                  I’ve got a buddy in a similar line of work that bought his 2015 f-350 crew diesel 4x4 brand new about 40k.

It’s a work truck. Vinyl floors, no heated seats, no touch screen.

Look for the right truck for your application and you can bring that price down significantly. If it’s really a work truck, buy a work truck. That grass you are cutting doesn’t know your butt drove up sitting on leather.

Work truck is my 7.3. This truck is for me to use for work and for personal use. My 7.3 is paid for and is still in decent shape. I would like a newer model truck that will pull my gooseneck so I can delegate the 7.3 to pulling the lighter utility trailers. It’s in good shape but that heavy trailer is tearing it up. Newer trucks are designed to pull these heavy loads. This is an everything truck, not just a work truck. I plan on keeping it for a long time to pass down into my company in a few years when I get ready for a new one, or I may keep it and buy a base model truck for my guys depending on the situation. It’s a tough battle trying to figure out what the right thing to do is, but in time it will all work itself out!

Comment

Originally posted by frios View Post
                    4.74 interest rate! Ouch..very ouch baby!

need to get like 1.50

I don’t know what my exact rate is, this is just off of the car guru app.

Comment

I got a new Tundra yesterday and with the rebates they offered 3.89 and without out the rebates they are offering 0%

Comment

There's a nice 7.3 for sale in the classifieds if you need a second work truck

Comment

Originally posted by krausejmk View Post
                          I got a new Tundra yesterday and with the rebates they offered 3.89 and without out the rebates they are offering 0%
                          Smoke and mirrors for a 0% rate. That's just another way to say "prepaid interest" by offering 0% in lieu of rebates.

Comment

Working...
                          X