Vehicle financing rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
    Don't get sucked into arguing with gingib, it's not worth it. You got a lot of good advice from others here and it shows maturity that you were willing to listen and change your mind. Good luck.

I appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

just throwing that 20k away basicaly

Comment

Good for you looking into everything and listening to others my friend, its a skill I lacked in my 20s.

Now for the 1 ton single wheel with gooseneck: your real close to the 26,001 GVWR rating needing a CDL. But heck, might as well get your CDL as that can be a nice side business.

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
        This is while going to school full time. Used seems to be the way to go, but I’m going to have to weed through the abused trucks. 3/4 ton gas seems ignorant to me when I could buy a half ton and still do most of the same things, but a 3/4 ton gas will not pull my gooseneck effectively. Therefore I am looking at a 1 ton diesel single wheel, to avoid having to get a cdl by buying a dually.

Comment

I almost bought this truck last week. Ended up getting to save the money and boss bought me one. All of these I'm posting are great deals IMO and way less than the $59k truck your looking at that's 3 yrs old.

Comment

Lots of sound advice from many who have been down the road and learned the lessons to be able to tell you now what you're in for. Sounds like you're taking some of the advice which will serve you well. If this is all about business, then you have to start thinking like a business man and be prepared for worse case. You say the 7 years is a safety net, but if things go south and you fall into that safety net you made, you're putting yourself into a bad situation with a 7 year note. If you were patient and shopped around long enough, the perfect deal will fall right into your lap, you just have to set your standards and stick to them. Yoi say you want a certain payment, find the truck at the right price that will get you those payments with the right terms. Vehicles lose their value to quickly. I run a business of my own and had to find a truck to pull our trailer and do the running around that mentioned, but I searched around and found one for less than half of what you're looking into, financed it for half the amount of time you're looking into, and it has served me well for 2 years now and will be paid off almost a year early. Just keep your head in the game pointed in the right direction and the right deals will fall into place.

And just for the record, my truck is a dodge pulling a 9000# trailer almost daily and has done just fine. I think it's funny how people say chevys or fords or dodge is not even an option at all. Trust me, there are plenty of fords in the shop right now with the same kind of problems as all the others. One of my friends/competitors (we compete friendly and get along great) went and bought him a brand new shiny Ford to do exactly what you and I do, and it's already in the shop for an "oil leak" that they cant find. That's been over a week ago and he still doesn't have it back. Trust me, it doesnt matter what truck you buy, you wont be exempt from having any issues with it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fulldraw_529 View Post
              Lots of sound advice from many who have been down the road and learned the lessons to be able to tell you now what you're in for. Sounds like you're taking some of the advice which will serve you well. If this is all about business, then you have to start thinking like a business man and be prepared for worse case. You say the 7 years is a safety net, but if things go south and you fall into that safety net you made, you're putting yourself into a bad situation with a 7 year note. If you were patient and shopped around long enough, the perfect deal will fall right into your lap, you just have to set your standards and stick to them. Yoi say you want a certain payment, find the truck at the right price that will get you those payments with the right terms. Vehicles lose their value to quickly. I run a business of my own and had to find a truck to pull our trailer and do the running around that mentioned, but I searched around and found one for less than half of what you're looking into, financed it for half the amount of time you're looking into, and it has served me well for 2 years now and will be paid off almost a year early. Just keep your head in the game pointed in the right direction and the right deals will fall into place.

And just for the record, my truck is a dodge pulling a 9000# trailer almost daily and has done just fine. I think it's funny how people say chevys or fords or dodge is not even an option at all. Trust me, there are plenty of fords in the shop right now with the same kind of problems as all the others. One of my friends/competitors (we compete friendly and get along great) went and bought him a brand new shiny Ford to do exactly what you and I do, and it's already in the shop for an "oil leak" that they cant find. That's been over a week ago and he still doesn't have it back. Trust me, it doesnt matter what truck you buy, you wont be exempt from having any issues with it

Every truck has issues. I just have the most experience with fords and how well the new 6.7 fords drive and pull. Crazy technology jump in power and pulling over 15 years. I pull a trailer every day myself. It varies from not much to 14k pounds

Comment

If my landscape guy comes and quotes me in a $60,000 truck I would immediately think he charges too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                  If my landscape guy comes and quotes me in a $60,000 truck I would immediately think he charges too much.

Lol touché

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                    This is a thought to ponder

Comment

There are more and more used 2017s showing up, I think a couple more months when I’m ready to buy may be the ticket. Prices are already getting in a better range. A 50k mile 2017 lariat can be had for $50k or so.

Comment

And I have most experience in Chevy and dodge, and a little with the 7.3. But to say they are not an option at all in a business like yours because you have only experience with a ford is an invalid argument for yourself. Keep an open mind. You just might be surprised. Heck Nissan is even trying to get into the game with the Cummins in the Titan lol

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                          Good for you looking into everything and listening to others my friend, its a skill I lacked in my 20s.

Now for the 1 ton single wheel with gooseneck: your real close to the 26,001 GVWR rating needing a CDL. But heck, might as well get your CDL as that can be a nice side business.

1 ton single wheel keeps you below with a 14k gvwr trailer. They range from 10-12 gvwr, a dually is anywhere from 12-15gvwr based on the model you buy.

Comment

Working...
                          X