2WD or 4WD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spotsanddots View Post
    Yall take 4WD less whistles, over all whistles, even if you're 85% hwy?

To each his own, but a heated leather seat and lit vanity mirrors don’t get you through 400yds of single track red clay mud in an unexpected downpour. Dual climate control doesn’t get your tail end back up on top of the levy. A sunroof don’t mean squat when you have 100yds of deep ruts on a flooded east Texas lease with your family in the truck and swarms of skeeters outside.

Whistles are toys, but 4x4 is a tool. Just my own personal experience....

Comment

4x4 is needed that much on concrete?

Comment

I'm in the minority and am going to be getting a 2WD. Found a good deal on one, low mileage (<8k) and still under factory warranty. For my budget, to get the options I'd wanted on a 4wd I would have had to get something older or with higher miles, and then would have bought an extended warranty in addition. It would end up being a $4-6k difference all things considered.

The majority of my driving is city/highway. The places where I hunt aren't too rough, and both places have tractors if something does happen and I get stuck. I don't go anywhere with snow, so that shouldn't be an issue for me.

Comment

Yes, and I have plenty. Luckily now I’ve got the whistles and 4wd. I have zero use for a 2wd personally. It ****** me off when I have a job in BFE and 4wd is needed, but my company truck is 2wd (in their defense I’m a city salesman, but we’re so busy I’ve started helping the field some). So I end up taking my personal truck to location. The majority of our work 4wd isn’t necessary, and a good set of tires will get us anywhere we need to go.

Comment

4x4 always. When you need it you have it. If you don’t need it put it in 2 wd.
            Can’t have that with a 2 wd only.

Comment

Also 4wd almost always will bring the money when it’s time to sell it, and it will sell much faster. Those bells and whistles will lose your butt on resale. You’ll be dang lucky to get 50% of what they cost you, when the 4wd option retains 90% or more of its original value.

Comment

4x4 is a must have feature if you ever leave pavement. Everything i own is 4x4.
                Frustrating watching 2wd trucks that can’t pull a boat out on low tide. With all the rain we have had this fall i would have vehicles stuck all over if not for 4WD.

Comment

You 4WD cats, would yall rather have 4WD with less bells and whistles inside or 2WD with all the bells and whistles, and creature comforts? If you had to choose.
                  I'd rather have a 4wd with roll up windows and no carpet, than a 2wd, its a truck not a car.

Comment

2wd truck? You mean an el camino?

Comment

4x4
                      Attached Files

Comment

I’ve learned it’s better to have 4wd and not use it, then to have a 2wd and need 4wd lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, even if I was 99% hwy. My trucks are just that, trucks. They are not entertainment centers.

Comment

FWD......as in front wheel drive. I've had some off years from owning a truck, but when I get my next vehicle, it will be a plain jane 4x4 F150.

Comment

Originally posted by bigt6450 View Post
                              I'm in the minority and am going to be getting a 2WD. Found a good deal on one, low mileage (<8k) and still under factory warranty. For my budget, to get the options I'd wanted on a 4wd I would have had to get something older or with higher miles, and then would have bought an extended warranty in addition. It would end up being a $4-6k difference all things considered.

The majority of my driving is city/highway. The places where I hunt aren't too rough, and both places have tractors if something does happen and I get stuck. I don't go anywhere with snow, so that shouldn't be an issue for me.
                              I had a friend that said a 2wd will get you stuck. A 4wd will get you stuck, but 100' further in the mud and snow. Have to say that has happened to me more than once LOL

Comment

2wd Tundra for daily driver.
                                4wd 7.3 F250 for farm and trailer pulling. Yes it will get stuck pretty quick if you aren't careful.

Comment

Working...
                                X