No announcement yet.

2WD or 4WD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13 years with a 2wd tundra ranch truck. Never been stuck and i drive all over the ranch. Only difference is in llano we dont have very many muddy spots and if it does rain the soil soaks it up fast.

In the last 3 weeks we have had 3 diesel 4x4 trucks stuck and a tractor. My experience it that a diesel is more likely to sink. I have driven every road with the 2wd and i am the only one that hasn't had a problem..

About ready to install lockers for the boat ramp. I drove a f150 in baja with lockers and it stuck in my head what a difference it made.

That being said my daily truck is diesel 2500 4x4...

Comment

4x4, biggest AT/MT that'll fit stock. Limited slip or locker in the back. Good enough for more than most "off roaders" ever put their mall crawlers through.

Comment

Had a brand spanking new F150 2x4 for 6 months and bought into the hype that I 'needed' to have a 4x4. Traded it in after buyer's remorse and that was a costly mistake I will never make again. I should have just kept it as I didn't use 4wd even one time with my new truck.

I have to say my 2wd Tundra w/ TRSS off road package was the BEST truck I have ever owned. I don't go fishing/hunting as much as I used to so a 4x4 is pretty useless for me.

Had to add- The best advice I can offer is to buy what YOU need, not what others suggest. So many dudes are caught up in owning a 4x4 pavement princess for that 'one moment' they might need it, it's ridiculous.
        Last edited by Roy; 11-14-2018, 09:22 AM.

Comment

The resale on a 4x4 is much better. I would drive a much less loaded 4x4 than loaded 2wd.

Comment

Daily Texas driving 2WD.
            IF you need a $X$ in Texas (sleet, snow and such) you should just stay home (that day)because some idiot driving a Hugo trying to get to work at Walmart is going to crash into you.
            $X$ are more expensive. More things to fix. Less gas mileage. The list goes on and on for the average Joe Texan.
            If your worried about getting your 2WD PU stuck throw a bunch of firewood in the back and go to town.
            You know what the say about guys that drive big truck??

Comment

4x4 here

Comment

4x4 here over a 2wd with bells and whistles any day. we do have a 2wd pickup we pull trailers down the road with.. it is currently sitting stuck in the mud at the ranch going on 2 weeks.... The only benefit of a 2wd with bells and whistles is you are more comfortable and have more to fiddle with while you're stuck.

Comment

Working...
                X