Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess I'm not allowed at alot of funerals, don't own a suit

Comment

Funeral attendance, in principle, is to pay respect to someone who has passed on. IMO I would dress in the manor that I think the person being buried would approve of.

But, much more importantly, make sure you show up and pay your respects...paying your respect means to also ensure your presence (including your appearance) does not detract from the reason folks are attending in the first place...if starched jeans and a jacket is all you've got and this service is filled with hoity toit folks, you wear the jeans and the coat and you show up any ways...any one in the crowd that's wants to judge you at a funeral for your dress has their own issues to work out...

Comment

I will be wearing jeans at my funeral.

Comment

Sorry for your loss Sir.

Comment

My FIL just passed in September and about a third of the attendees at the funeral service wore jeans- pressed, with a nice shirt. He worked at a plantation in the Mississippi Delta, so nice pressed jeans are about as dressed up as a lot of folks can get. I think your presence as a show of respect and support for the surviving family members is what really counts.

cricman

Comment

Homage exceeds everything

Wear what you want

Comment

Working...
              X