No announcement yet.

Anyone ever ran for office?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I considered running for County Commissioner back in 2014. I was approached by some of the entrenched politicians in our area and they did their best to convince me to run. I believe that I would have won pretty easily. In the end, I'm glad I didn't.

While considering it, I had lunch with the MontCo DA who gave me some great advice...he said, "You're a good businessman who doesn't have to answer to anyone right now. Why mess that up, because at some point someone is going to call my office and log a complaint and we will put you under investigation...that will probably happen within the first year, always does." I was floored. Whether you're honest or not, some people will assume that you're trying to get over. I just wasn't willing to risk my reputation to keep ditches cleaned out.

I also met with a campaign manager that has handled several MontCo successful campaigns and he shared all the dirt he'd found on my opponent that we could use in a campaign. I felt dirty. No way I could trash the reputation of a man for a commissioner's seat.

Also, I can't imagine my wife being in Kroger or HEB and some old hag hemming her up and complaining about the job I do. My wife is from Woodbranch and a little bit crazy. She'd slap the slobber out of that ***** on the bread isle and then she'd be in the paper. We don't need that kind of trouble.

At the end of the day, I realized that I'm not a politician. I have several friends that are and I don't mind writing them checks in support, but I just could never be political.

Comment

Hell no!!!!

Comment

I have ran and got elected for City Council. I am up for re-election this next year

Comment

Originally posted by BGlegal1 View Post
          I have been a district Judge in Harris County for 20 years, so I've run 6 times. I was defeated, along with every other county-wide republican last Tuesday. I'd be happy to visit with you and tell you everything I know about the process.
          Sorry to hear it, what a shame. Thanks for fighting the good fight for the 20yrs you had.

Comment

Look what happened to Ed Emmett.... Stupid crap like that - where you are obviously the most qualified, but get ousted because of a Senate race and ignorant voters... is why I don't think I could stomach a run for public office.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              I considered running for County Commissioner back in 2014. I was approached by some of the entrenched politicians in our area and they did their best to convince me to run. I believe that I would have won pretty easily. In the end, I'm glad I didn't.

While considering it, I had lunch with the MontCo DA who gave me some great advice...he said, "You're a good businessman who doesn't have to answer to anyone right now. Why mess that up, because at some point someone is going to call my office and log a complaint and we will put you under investigation...that will probably happen within the first year, always does." I was floored. Whether you're honest or not, some people will assume that you're trying to get over. I just wasn't willing to risk my reputation to keep ditches cleaned out.

I also met with a campaign manager that has handled several MontCo successful campaigns and he shared all the dirt he'd found on my opponent that we could use in a campaign. I felt dirty. No way I could trash the reputation of a man for a commissioner's seat.

Also, I can't imagine my wife being in Kroger or HEB and some old hag hemming her up and complaining about the job I do. My wife is from Woodbranch and a little bit crazy. She'd slap the slobber out of that ***** on the bread isle and then she'd be in the paper. We don't need that kind of trouble.

At the end of the day, I realized that I'm not a politician. I have several friends that are and I don't mind writing them checks in support, but I just could never be political.
              This right here is what would keep me from ever considering running for public office... In general, I can't stand the public in general... and I don't think I could ever work for "it"... I will stay as far into the "private sector" as possible... I have worked for many, many years to preserve my integrity and will not do anything to damage that or grieve the Holy Spirit... politics ain't for me... but Bobby, I'd help you any way I ever could. I think you've got what it takes... Heck, you've served people pretty much all your adult life!

Comment

Originally posted by BGlegal1 View Post
                I have been a district Judge in Harris County for 20 years, so I've run 6 times. I was defeated, along with every other county-wide republican last Tuesday. I'd be happy to visit with you and tell you everything I know about the process.
                Not that it helps... but my blood was boiling over how stupid Beto-mania hurt our county.

Unfortunately, I don't know the experience of every Democrat that ran against court judges... but I was definitely paying attention to the fact that Ed got replaced by a 27 year old who's only experience is that she has a P.S degree from Stanford and works as a medical translator.... I mean....seriously??? and she is now an executive over the county???? One of the top 10 counties in the US???? Seriously????

If anything I'm extremely upset that the Democrats couldn't have at least got an opponent with some sort of experience or leadership credentials...

Comment

Get involved
                  Name recognition is critical
                  Join the local or county party you plan to run in

I will run again next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                    Get involved
                    Name recognition is critical
                    Join the local or county party you plan to run in

I will run again next time.
                    TMag for President!! Now you're talkin' Timmy my boy!!

Comment

Don’t worry about the requirement you be ‘a natural born citizen’, a pdf file of a photoshopped birth certificate posted on a web site has been shown to satisfy the requirement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X