Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

New record nontypical?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WinslowBoy View Post
    Interesting what part of the state it was taken in. Most of the big deer are on the Western side in Pike and adjoining counties. Near the Illinois and Mississippi rivers. This one is from the eastern side close to the Indiana border. Some river drainages over there but more agricultural than the western side.
    Yes and no. I grew up 2 counties south (Crawford) the first 20 years of my life and am back now after leaving DFW. This side of the state produces several 200 inch deer every year. We sure don't mind everyone piling up in Pike Co though!

Everything I've heard is its legit. There are zero deer farms anywhere around here. Don't need them. The friend that put him on the deer had been on him a couple years now. I don't think he will net world record, but he will be the new state record or #2 for sure.

Comment

That's on huge buck!

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by COOLDAD1 View Post
        At least smile in the pics. Pretty sure if I shot it I would be grinning ear to ear.

That’s what my son and I were just saying. I think it would be impossible for me not to smile in that pic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That is a heck of a non-typical. Congratulations!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Great buck and congrats to the hunter, that's an awesome farm fed monster.

????.....after drying I always thought non-typical and gross score were the same....????.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
              Great buck and congrats to the hunter, that's an awesome farm fed monster.

????.....after drying I always thought non-typical and gross score were the same....????.
              Not if we are talking net score for the record books......you measure the typical part of the rack and then make deductions for symmetry and then add in all of the inches of non-typical points to get the net non-typical score.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                Not if we are talking net score for the record books......you measure the typical part of the rack and then make deductions for symmetry and then add in all of the inches of non-typical points to get the net non-typical score.
                Now I'm really confused?

I know you subtract the non typical score from gross score to get the typical score, I always thought the non typical score was the same as gross score. Not to worry about mine though, I guess at the score, they score better this way.....

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                  Truly an incredible buck!

To the guys complaining about the blood, do y’all take wet wipes or something with you every time you go out? I’m not going to lie, you’d probably get laughed out of the woods if you lived around here and were caught wiping off a dead deer’s nose for a picture ��.
                  By the size of some of those guys packs they carry from deer camp 300 yard to deer stand I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t have a power washer in there.

Comment

Working...
                  X