Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22-250 it’s extremely deadly and accurate

Comment

My opinion is that it is different for every kid and is dependent on their physical size and attitude about noise & recoil. I have two grown sons and when they were young I bought a youth model .243 and got them shooting. When we would go to the range I would bring other rifles and I would shoot as well. When we first started shooting my sons were 7 & 11. The noise and recoil seemed to bother my older son a little but my younger son didn't seem to be bothered at all. My younger son would shoot my 30-06 and do pretty well at the range while my older son would shoot it (didn't want to be shown up by his little brother) you could tell he wasn't comfortable. I eventually settled on a 25-06. By the time my younger son was 11 he was shooting a .270.

Comment

If you use any 22cal please use premium bullets. We use a 60gr Nosler in my sons 223 and it is deadly. Complete pass thrus with a exit hole about the size of a half dollar coin.

Comment

I got mine a 22-250 and have been pleased.. no recoil and you can find ammo anywhere..

Comment

I was a kid, I had 3 kids, and my 3 grandsons will start with grendels.

Comment

Bought my daughters a 243. I got a 30-06 for my son when he was 10. I wanted to take on a elk hunt when he got older and didn't want to have to get him another gun to go. He used Remingtons 50% less recoil shell for a few year and now uses normal shells. With the 50% less recoil it felt like shooting a 243 and they shot great. Remington also makes them in 270.

Comment

Agree with the 7mm-08. You can shoot reduced recoil loads also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Full power 6.5 Grendel in AR platform. Adjustable length of pull for any size shooter and almost NO recoil. My 6.5G has absolutely anchored everything I’ve shot with it. Ammo is readily found in academy type stores. 123 grain hornady very accurate.

Comment

7-08.

Comment

6.8 spc!

Comment

I started with a 22-250

Comment

My boy 20yrs old now has been shooting my Remmy 700 Tact 308 since he was 8. He was a scrawny kid then and still is but never had issues with the 308. However, I started him with reduced handload using Unique powder and 150gr cast bullets. As the years went by I started to change the recipe(s) slowly increasing the load. He never noticed the difference lol.... Now, he enjoys shooting full boar handloads so much that its hard for me to keep up with the demand. Your boy will never outgrow a 308, but that's just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by sports View Post
                            Not nearly as exciting or drool worthy but you cant go wrong with the good old 30-30. Nice big chunck of lead good nock down better blood trail than some smaller calibers and pretty easy to handle for a kid. No matter what you choose. Enjoy the time in the woods with your kids
                            I still love my Marlin youth model 30-30. It’s only 1 round less and 3” shorter than the full size model. Very similar in size and fee to an AR-15. It’s a great truck carry rifle too.

Comment

257 roberts

Comment

22 mag

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X