Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Going live in 1,2,....3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

following! good luck!

Comment

Good luck! Conditions look like they are in your favor!

Comment

Wow! It’s been dead for the last hour and a half. Gonna give it a few more then go grab a bite. Need to get a plan for this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Afternoon hunt is slow. Now movement. Trying a new set today where I had good pictures of a giant 10 from yesterday afternoon. I suppose it’s just too much to expect him to show again today. Crazy thing is that this field was full of deer yesterday and today nothing. That’s hunting.

Comment

Going live in 1,2,....3

Originally posted by truhuntr View Post
            Afternoon hunt is slow. Now movement. Trying a new set today where I had good pictures of a giant 10 from yesterday afternoon. I suppose it’s just too much to expect him to show again today. Crazy thing is that this field was full of deer yesterday and today nothing. That’s hunting.

Fat lady hasnt sang yet. Hang in there. Things can change in a flash.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

So far. One doe. One small buck.

Comment

No updates on the afternoon hunt yesterday. The hunt was almost eventless. I do however see a shooter. He crossed through the field at 45 yards, but would not stop. I’m back in my favorite spot for the last hunt. If this doesn’t work out I think I will try to get back in two weeks.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

I got it done. Last hunt. Wow! He’s not going far. I didn’t see him or hear him fall, but he is stuck in the spot.

Nice cool morning started a little slow. I had seen one 2.5 yr old 8 headed to the field and I could see 2 does in the field. So I waited until the sun peaked over the ridge and started a fight sequence pretty aggressively, followed by two doe bleats and a series of buck grunts mixed with some young buck grunts. Within 5 minutes I had deer begin to appear. First one was s small 7 that was just trolling, and then a broken 10 came through directly under my stand. All of which had come in directly downwind. Then I caught movement to the east and noticed a small 3 pt working his way towards me and was followed by another young buck. Fortunately I was already standing because I noticed something slightly behind me to my right and turned ever so slowly to see him. And he was coming quick. He looked like a buck I had a picture of with a split G2 on his left side on a mainframe 10. Probably score around 140”ish. Of course I didn’t get a lot of time to look because I was getting my bow of the hanger. So I gripped the Mathews (interrupted by a small 8 that just walked under my tree - the grunting made me look). Where was I.....oh bow! So the Halon32 - 6 is in my hand and I start stretching the string. This whole time I’m wondering how the Garmin XERO A1 is going to work. And I punched the button, lowered the small range aperture onto the center of the buck and let go. Low and behold the screen returned 17 yards and that perfect 17 yard pin wonderfully appeared. I picked a spot and squeezed the Carter Ember II and watched FMJ go to work. The Trypan slipped right behind the left shoulder and is now buried and that dark Georgia dirt, painted red with the first buck of the season. There is stood now in hand watching him pound away looking like he was completely confused at what had happened and I’m thinking any second he’s gonna crash. Somehow he makes out if site, which is maybe 90 yards and disappears. I have a feeling he is just right there and could even be laying on the road I walk in on. Nonetheless, I sat down and experienced a first with crazy lower back spasms. It’s then that I realized the angle I had turned to make the shot. My feet were facing straight ahead while I had to turn my upper body to the right about ninety degrees then twist down for the shot angle. All in all I’m feeling better now and going to wait a little while then check the trail. Standby for LDP.

Comment

Just checked the sight. I guess the angle used a 16 yard pin.

Comment

In for LDP’s

Comment

Heck yeah!!!!! Congrats

Comment

Congrats!! Also in for LDPs

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X