No announcement yet.

Buck Hesitates and Kicks thread UPDATE: HAPPY ENDING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful Buck. Glad you found him. Congrats. I missed the previous thread. What broadhead did you shoot him with. Just curious because I'm not a mechanical hater. That's what I shoot.

Comment

Congrats on finding your buck I would not given up looking for a buck of that looked like yours but glad you paid attention to the buzzards

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Hate that but I figured you just scratched him good too

Glad you have some closure though

Comment

Congrats, that’s a great deer, love the look of his rack. Crazy about him not bleeding much, especially if you got his heart.

Comment

What a great deer for the area. Congratulations

Comment

Congrats, nice buck.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                  Were you able to backtrack down the trail and find blood, sign, etc? Curious if he started bleeding past where you last ended the trail?
                  I was thinking the exact same thing, and spent a good half hour working my way back towards the feeder a few different ways and never could find any blood. It’s mind blowing to me(and I should have taken a photo) but the shot placement is exactly where I’d shoot ever single deer if I could.

Comment

Originally posted by goldtip5575 View Post
                    Beautiful Buck. Glad you found him. Congrats. I missed the previous thread. What broadhead did you shoot him with. Just curious because I'm not a mechanical hater. That's what I shoot.
                    Rage Trypan. It opened and performed flawlessly, and I have no qualms about shooting my next buck with one, that will still 100% be the head that’s on there, I’m just chalking this one up to an anomaly.

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty5 View Post
                      Congrats on finding your buck I would not given up looking for a buck of that looked like yours but glad you paid attention to the buzzards
                      I chose to back out because of the evidence at hand the morning I shot him. He looked like he was just hit in the brisket, so rather than push him out of the area my plan was to get him when he came back to the feeder theoretically unharmed. Normally I video my hunts and if I had done so on this buck I definitely would have kept looking!

Comment

Congrats!

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AggieArcher View Post
                          Rage Trypan. It opened and performed flawlessly, and I have no qualms about shooting my next buck with one, that will still 100% be the head that’s on there, I’m just chalking this one up to an anomaly.
                          I shoot the Trypan also, and it's a devastating head. Every animal I've shot with them hasn't gone far and poured blood. Definitely sounds like your shot on this deer is as mystery. Glad you found him.

Comment

Awesome buck! Congrats!

My pops once shot a buck that ran 400 yards that had lung hanging out of the wound and had clipped the top of the heart. Tough dudes!

Comment

Congrats! Glad you found him!

Comment

Congrats, glad you found him

Comment

Working...
                                X