Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Christian people generally more judgmental than others?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess you think all Christians should be just like Jesus and never sin.

Comment

It sounds as if there's some additional background to this situation missing. Regardless, you need only ask yourself a couple of questions for no other reason than to put your own mind at peace with what's happened.

1) Was there anything said or unsaid that you would reword or choose to say if given the second chance?
      If no then you're good.

2) can you forgive them for being imperfect and maybe petty for something you don't know about?
      If yes, then you're good.

This doesn't sound like a situation where judgement of your character is in play. But there's important bits missing here. I truly hope you can put this to bed with peace on your heart. Keep reaching out and ask the tough question when you get the chance. Only way to really know if it meant that to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cattlelackranch View Post
        Christians are people too. We all fault and sin.

Co-signed

Comment

Every human judges others, IMO. It may be in their head or spoken behind the persons back. Try to be the best person you can be and don't worry about the rest.

**Edit - My wife works with adults with disabilities. Those folks may be some of the only ones I have seen that pour out love and seem to not care who it is on the receiving end.
          Last edited by -HIC-; 10-25-2018, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by retrieverman View Post
            The only people more judgemental than Christians are democrats...
            Yup

Comment

all people are judgmental, especially those who think they are not...

Comment

This thread is going to go south quick. Religion and politics on the same page!

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                  Some of the best folks I know call themselves Christian along with some of the worst I know. Some of the best folks I know are atheists along with some of the worst.

I will say that I gotten more first date booty from “Christian” girls than chicks that think religion is bull spit.

x2

Comment

^^^ Judging Christian women on a thread about judging, classic.
                    Last edited by -HIC-; 10-25-2018, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Sounds more like the individuals you were friends with rather than their faith..
                      Lots of jerks out there reguardless of faith, color, personality, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
                        I guess you think all Christians should be just like Jesus and never sin.
                        Well yeah, that’s sort of the definition of Christian, to be Christlike

Comment

All people are judgmental you, me every body. Stop and think about how many people you judge in a single day. Every person you look at you probably judge and don’t even realize you do it. Just in the title of this thread alone. Your friends being Christians has nothing to do with them passing judgment on you. Christians are just supposed to know better but they are imperfect sinners also just like everyone else on this planet. I am a Christian but I pass judgment ment on everyone I encounter just like a non Christian. For instance I stopped by the gas station earlier for snuff, walked through the door and looked over at the people on the slot machines— first thought was bunch of trash up here gambling away their government checks. Then walk up to the counter and ask for my snuff after 3 attempts and pointing I thought— I hope you enjoy making minimum wage cause your not smart enough to do better. Then on the way out the door a guy walking in let the door go in front of me and I thought—Man your parents did a great job of teaching you manners. Just like that I judged everyone in that gas station and I’m sure everyone on this forum would have had all the same thoughts and would have judged them all just like I did. Now I got to go ask for forgiveness y’all have a good night.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                            ^^^ Judging Christian women on a thread about judging, classic.

Hope you don’t think I’m judging anyone cause I not. Just don’t pretend to be something you aren’t and I’m good with you.

If you tell me you are gonna drink a 5th of whiskey and rent some strange this weekend more power to ya. Just don’t stand in front of 500 people and castigate on Sunday those that want to drink a 5th rent some strange and then do it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                              Hope you don’t think I’m judging anyone cause I not. Just don’t pretend to be something you aren’t and I’m good with you.

If you tell me you are gonna drink a 5th of whiskey and rent some strange this weekend more power to ya. Just don’t stand in front of 500 people and castigate on Sunday those that want to drink a 5th rent some strange and then do it yourself.

Man, I have never seen you post anything judgmental. I think the topic is slightly funny.

We all know that given x group there will be a percentage that take it too far. Those folks will make all others, in x group, seem intolerant.

Specifying Christians in this thread is ridiculous. Substitute 'Christian' with 'religious' and I would agree that most conflict today is caused by fanatics, regardless of affiliation, on all sides.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Filletem View Post
                                All people are judgmental you, me every body. Stop and think about how many people you judge in a single day. Every person you look at you probably judge and don’t even realize you do it. Just in the title of this thread alone. Your friends being Christians has nothing to do with them passing judgment on you. Christians are just supposed to know better but they are imperfect sinners also just like everyone else on this planet. I am a Christian but I pass judgment ment on everyone I encounter just like a non Christian. For instance I stopped by the gas station earlier for snuff, walked through the door and looked over at the people on the slot machines— first thought was bunch of trash up here gambling away their government checks. Then walk up to the counter and ask for my snuff after 3 attempts and pointing I thought— I hope you enjoy making minimum wage cause your not smart enough to do better. Then on the way out the door a guy walking in let the door go in front of me and I thought—Man your parents did a great job of teaching you manners. Just like that I judged everyone in that gas station and I’m sure everyone on this forum would have had all the same thoughts and would have judged them all just like I did. Now I got to go ask for forgiveness y’all have a good night.
                                This may be a touch extreme . When I buy snuff nobody gets a second look unless I think they are a threat.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X