Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

I've gotta overcome this scent control crap...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just hunt and dont worry about it. When you finally decide to completely free yourself of of this scent nonsense you will start to enjoy your time in the woods much more. Odds are your going to get busted, odds are at least one old azz doe is going to cause trouble. Just ignore it. Find peace in the woods.
    This and find some cow chit to walk through on the way to the blind.

Comment

Figure out how to hunt the wind, move stand if not possible in this spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Gargle with Tinks and breathe out your mouth on the way in

Comment

Originally posted by Robertt View Post
          Just don't put beans in your chili.
          Then he’ll have to carry in a grunt tube

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
            I have to walk a good ways to my spot (so I sweat) and at one point I have to cross an open field where a lot of deer graze in. Normally the wind is in my face going north or out of NW or NE, but I still get busted (or at least I think I am!)

i wash everything and myself in scent free soap and hang dry in the garage, spray with scent killer, dry myself with a scent free towel and use scent free antiperspirant. I wear one set of scent free clothes in the truck and change to a new set of scent free clothes when I get out and before I hit the trails and wear rubber (muck) boots...

what gives?!

Do I need to burn some twigs and smell like smoke?

I don't know how, nor I can play the wind, it's just impossible as the wind swirls and spins and comes from every direction in the corner that I hunt....
            I bought a bag of ceder shavings and put in the bottom of my pop up> originally it was for the mud but i believe it was effective on sent control as well

Comment

I gave the code blue stick that’s supposed to smell like a bedding area a try and it works great for me. Rub it on my clothes and boots, then on the tree and tree stand as a cover scent once I get there. Worth a shot, it’s inexpensive you can get it at academy.

Comment

I’ve never used anything “fancy” for scent control. I have a plastic crate I’ve kept my hunting clothes in for several years. I just put cedar twigs in with it and I’ve never had a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                  We always look for the wet ones. Not sloppy wet, but just enough to smear around.
                  Haha. Not me but have at it bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac D View Post
                    I bought a bag of ceder shavings and put in the bottom of my pop up> originally it was for the mud but i believe it was effective on sent control as well
                    Bought??? Its free. Just look around.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      I'm beginning to wonder if anyone actually goes hunting or just sits around talking about going hunting. Wind, scent, acorns, bigfoot, and pumas...good lord just hunt.
                      1% of the people will kill a buck over 135"
                      99% of people will dream of killing a 135
                      80-90% of the people dont hunt land that will produce a 135 or better
                      More than 90% of the people in texas stare at a feeder while waiting for conditioned deer to show up 2.5 min after a feeder goes off.
                      Please! I'm begging you folks to just learn to actually enjoy being in the woods.
                      ( all statistical data is made up so dont ask for links )
                      True. But often our deer show up 2.5 minutes before the feeder goes off. [emoji3]

Gary

Comment

step in cow poop on the way into the stand and shoot the one blowing and snorting doe that is probably busting you every time and you'll be good.

Comment

Working...
                        X