Flood exotics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KNEE DEEP View Post
    How would you even know who the landowner was if you see an exotic on your place. I’ve got them running around my place outside Columbus and have no idea who’s property they came from.
    Are they tagged and can said tag be seen from rifle range? Were you using a scope when you shot it? Lot of things come to mind if/when I hear of this law being prosecuted. Of course with people being addicted to social media the way they are, it seems everyone wants to fully disclose every little detail to the world.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
      I have a good high fence neighbor. When his stuff gets out and we call him, he just says shoot it and I will confirm if it came from my place. He had 5 200+ deer get off about 7 or 8 years ago and after looking for a month he just let it be known if you see 'em, shoot 'em and enjoy the chance at a monster. Only 3 were confirmed killed and he congratulated all 3 hunters. Guessing the other 2 died of natural causes.
      A friend of mine had several get loose last year after Harvey, when creeks damaged fences. Kind of hard to imagine anyone thinking that they'll get them back, no matter how much it sucks to lose the time and money invested. Good on your neighbor for having that attitude about them. I think I would much rather see someone harvest them than to never know what happened to them IMO

Comment

Originally posted by coachwhip View Post
        This is in fact a new law and GWs will pursue this. Had a customer bring in an aoudad he shot on his property (not lease) behind his house and bring in to be mounted, 3 weeks earlier and 7 miles away a high fence had been vandalized and fence tore down. 4 weeks after harvest GW investigates and takes cape and horns. Crazy law but true.....
        This probably has more to do with the vandalism and fence damaged as to why it was confiscated. It falls under more of the animal was stolen from a criminal act.
        Whitetail you have a certain amount of time to get them back in. After that they are property of the state.
        Exotics you pretty much lost unless somehow you can prove that animal was yours, tags, pictures etc.

Comment

Originally posted by coachwhip View Post
          This is in fact a new law and GWs will pursue this. Had a customer bring in an aoudad he shot on his property (not lease) behind his house and bring in to be mounted, 3 weeks earlier and 7 miles away a high fence had been vandalized and fence tore down. 4 weeks after harvest GW investigates and takes cape and horns. Crazy law but true.....
          was there a tag in the ear? why'd GW think that was the same Aoudad?

Comment

Considered livestock if branded, banded or tagged.

Comment

Hopefully some BIG whitetails get loose and start breeding.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback77 View Post
                Considered livestock if branded, banded or tagged.
                Unless the law changed, I only recall an easily visible tag invoking the rule. I don’t recall anything about bands or brands.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                  BEWARE! It's now illegal in Texas to shoot an exotic with a clearly visible ear tag without making several attempts to locate the owner. I teach hunters ed occasionally and only recently learned about this law that's been on the books for a few years now.
                  And exactly how am I suppyto read the tag

Comment

You got to pay to play. Any free ranging non- naitive animals grazing on my land will be charged a $1000 a day grazing fee.

All jokes aside I hope the damage and loss is minimal for everyone affected.

Comment

Originally posted by Passafist View Post
                      It's a HF deer. Walk up to it with a hand full of corn and while he is eating read the tag. Just like the Zoo

Comment

Originally posted by bukkskin View Post
                        Hopefully some BIG whitetails get loose and start breeding.
                        Not everyone hopes this.

Comment

Originally posted by the marshall View Post
                          It's a HF deer. Walk up to it with a hand full of corn and while he is eating read the tag. Just like the Zoo
                          Winner!

Originally posted by Passafist View Post
                          I don't think you're supposed to read the tag, I believe the law states something about contacting local GW or something.

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
                            Not everyone hopes this.
                            Lol,

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                              I have a good high fence neighbor. When his stuff gets out and we call him, he just says shoot it and I will confirm if it came from my place. He had 5 200+ deer get off about 7 or 8 years ago and after looking for a month he just let it be known if you see 'em, shoot 'em and enjoy the chance at a monster. Only 3 were confirmed killed and he congratulated all 3 hunters. Guessing the other 2 died of natural causes.

That’s a heck of a generous guy. And, a great attitude to have in a situation like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X