No announcement yet.

Llano River Flooding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers for all of you affected by this event.

Comment

San Saba River is still rising at Menard. I am really concerned as the radar shows heavy rains training from Sonora to Eldorado. Hopefully the river will have a chance to run down before the next rise gets here.
      Adios,
      Gary

Comment

They are opening 4 additional Gates on Buchanon. They must be anticipating more rain... That will double the amount of water that Travis is currently letting out.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of rain out west on the radar right now. We’re not out of the woods yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Samson View Post
            They are opening 4 additional Gates on Buchanon. They must be anticipating more rain... That will double the amount of water that Travis is currently letting out.

I was afraid of that. Its about to get western again.

Comment

New LCRA forecast for Travis puts it at 705-710 by Friday with no additional Gates to be opened unless there is additional rain. That's cutting it awful close to the Mansfield spillway at 714. If it goes over that then Godspeed to Austin! Flood of record is Christmas Day 1991 @ 710.44

Comment

Believe it or not i found my boat. The drain plug was out so i thought after it washed away it would sink for sure. The bilge pump was left on auto and enough debris got stuck in the drain hole that the pump was able to keep enough water pumped out that it didn't sink. I got a call from a neighbor that they saw it down stream. I was able to take a kayak to it, put the plug in, pump the rest of the water out, and paddle it back to the boat house. I took the tower off and cranked it all the way up. Very lucky. It was amazing how many boats were floating out in the lake yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Samson View Post
                  New LCRA forecast for Travis puts it at 705-710 by Friday with no additional Gates to be opened unless there is additional rain. That's cutting it awful close to the Mansfield spillway at 714. If it goes over that then Godspeed to Austin! Flood of record is Christmas Day 1991 @ 710.44

That IS the suck......that puts water in A LOT of houses...

Comment

That's awesome, glad you recovered your boat, safely! Not sure if it was real news but I saw on facebook someone went over Wirtz dam trying to start their boat. Supposedly he lived.
                    My parents said they lost count of how many boats and jetskis washed over the dam yesterday.

Comment

Any idea what Lake Austin looks like below Mansfield, or if it could take anymore water moving through without flooding Austin proper?

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                        That's awesome, glad you recovered your boat, safely! Not sure if it was real news but I saw on facebook someone went over Wirtz dam trying to start their boat. Supposedly he lived.
                        My parents said they lost count of how many boats and jetskis washed over the dam yesterday.
                        I saw that but it sounds like fake news. He went over wirtz dam and floated all the way to spicewood before he got pulled out? What is that 15 miles?

My boat was in an area with no real current not on the main body of the lake. No way i would have risked floating off down river and over the spillway.

Comment

Originally posted by mattjproc View Post
                          I saw that but it sounds like fake news. He went over wirtz dam and floated all the way to spicewood before he got pulled out? What is that 15 miles?

My boat was in an area with no real current not on the main body of the lake. No way i would have risked floating off down river and over the spillway.
                          In the picture of your boat it almost looks like Crockett Park across from you. Is it? I also heard of the guy going over the ****. Crazy if true.

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
                            In the picture of your boat it almost looks like Crockett Park across from you. Is it? I also heard of the guy going over the ****. Crazy if true.
                            No. That is the sandbar in sunrise beach.

Comment

No. That is the sandbar in sunrise beach.
                              Got it. For a minute I thought we were neighbors!

Comment

The guy went over Starke dam. The story is on KXAN's website. Crazy he lived to tell the tale.

Comment

Working...
                                X