Llano River Flooding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
    Guys it's a ****ed if you do ****ed if you don't at this point. We are dealing with a historic flood. LCRA is trying to minimize damages . Could they have done things better..probably, but hindsight is 20/20. Let's just get through this. And we're not done yet. Lot of water coming down from the Colorado basin 2 days away
    This is a good view.. From someone who has dealt with the Brazos floods more times than I care to think about I can tell you that there is 0 possibility or chance of correctly calculating/guessing what floods waters will do and how bad they will be.... And the next time it will be totally different than previous.. It's just a bad deal all the way around and the only one to blame is Mother Nature herself..

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
      There are folks a lot worse off than us. Some people had several feet of water in their home and boat docks destroyed. The river basically surrounded our house and got up the front and back doors.
      The main problem is all the debris. It's going to take some chainsaws and equipment. We started yesterday just picking up garbage by hand but it's still too muddy to do anything with a tractor. And it doesn't look like we're going to catch a break for a long time.
      I haven't heard if the city or FEMA is going to be doing a pick up of flood debris but that would really be helpful. I hope they do.

If anyone wants to come help clean up they can hunt at our ranch.
      I'll see what I can do. I don't need a hunt, though.

Comment

Court I did read where Llano county is going to do a trash debris pickup. What precinct are you in. I have a friend and classmate who is a commissioner and I will find out details.

Comment

Prayers up for everyone.

Comment

Talked to one of the commissioner and they are coordinating with debris pickup paid for by the Cnty . They are asking put debris to the curb. IT HAS TO BE SEPERATED.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1328919C-2311-40F4-99E3-F36F6FDB0D89.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	24556691

Comment

Working...
            X