No announcement yet.

Lamar/Red River counties Hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We’re north of Clarksville, near Negley. I just wish they acted more like Rios, these suckers are tough to hunt. They would rather walk through a thicket than a road sometimes. Ours don’t roost in the same place either, just fly up wherever they happen to be when it’s time.

Comment

Got to the lease Saturday evening and tried a late evening hunt for anything moving, didn’t see anything. Got out early this morning and got stuck, which sucks at 630am, had to walk 5.25 miles back to camp for the truck. Not the best day. It’s still a swamp out there! Can’t wait for it to dry up at least 50% of what it is now.

Comment

Anyone have an estimate on how much rain last night?

Comment

We had almost half an inch of rain at our place.

Sent from my LM-X410.FG using Tapatalk

Comment

I went last weekend and it was a mess, and got stuck. I need to use the atv from now on. Going back Saturday and try again to get a pig trap set up.

Comment

Anyone seeing pigs and or turkey?
              I’m headed up this weekend, hope to see something

Comment

We went up a few weeks ago, to check the feeders and cameras. Have quite a few good bucks that made it through the season. I hope they grow a little more this spring and summer, for next fall. Saw lots of pig sign and had some picks of turkeys. Need to get back up, but between work and the weather, its been tough.

Comment

I’m ready to hear some birds thundering through them pine trees! Going back this year for round 2!!

Comment

If nothing else, I hope to put a dent in the coon population

Comment

Just found this thread. I’m a Blossom native. Going to enjoy sharing some stuff on here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just found this thread. I am a Blossom native looking forward to sharing some stuff on here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Time to get off my but and set up a trap
                          Attached Files

Comment

^^ nice pig collection you got going there.

Comment

Had hoped to get back this weekend to thin the herd, but looks like more storms.

Comment

Looks like you still have a bunch of hogs.Pigs in my area are almost nonexistent now. Most of the pig hunting I do is on public.

Sent from my LM-X410.FG using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X