Lamar/Red River counties Hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigDraw View Post
    Haven’t been out lately, had a total knee replacement and not getting around. I was hoping to go fill some feeders this weekend, but it STILL raining there! Anyone been in the area recently?
    It's a mess at our place in Cuthand on the river.

Comment

We’re heading up this weekend, can’t kill them from the couch. Hopefully some of the big guys will be moving, I would like to punch a tag.

Comment

Yeah. It’s crazy wet here. Bucks have been moving pretty decent though. With the climb in temperature this weekend and projected sunny days they should be out and about though

Comment

nice buck dbpredator
          Yea it is wet in Lamar Co!

Comment

dbpredator, that is an awesome buck bro, congratulations!
            Is there a way to reconstruct broken tines like that? I have a set of horns that I would love to repair. Good luck folks
            Bert

Comment

^^^
              Congratulations dbpredator! Really nice buck.

Comment

After a long wet season, I ended it with a bang. I took this buck in very high winds with my muzzleloader, Saturday evening at 125 yards. Not the biggest, but a good mature deer for our lease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice going AB. Way to stay after them. Now you can plan a strategy for ol tom foolery

Comment

thanks 243, already have that plan in action. lol Only one gobbler was taken by a hunter last season, and we are covered up with big mature toms. They are loving my food plots right now, and I will have plenty of cameras out to keep tabs on them.

Comment

Man with a plan. Tommys are in trouble. Will be interesting to see what the birds are doing with delayed opener. Birds up our way get their business done early and toms begin ranging widely looking for the few hens left not nesting by mid April

Comment

I finally made it out last week and got all my feeder filled. Speaking of tommys, how plentiful are they? I have found several feathers, but not seen any tracks or had any on tc.

Comment

It varies greatly from area to area on the population. Our area in RR county has the highest population in the state. Hopefully, this will be the year to score a big old longbeard. I have some monsters on camera, just hope they cooperate when the time comes.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebush View Post
                            After a long wet season, I ended it with a bang. I took this buck in very high winds with my muzzleloader, Saturday evening at 125 yards. Not the biggest, but a good mature deer for our lease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Congrats on your deer, it's been a long wet season in Red River Co.

Comment

The particular area I hunt in NW lamar has very few turkey. I've never even seen or have trail cam pics of a gobbler.

Sent from my LM-X410.FG using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebush View Post
                                It varies greatly from area to area on the population. Our area in RR county has the highest population in the state. Hopefully, this will be the year to score a big old longbeard. I have some monsters on camera, just hope they cooperate when the time comes.
                                Dang I’m jealous. I’m in western RR about 6 miles south of Detroit, and have only found an occasional feather

Comment

Working...
                                X