Intermittent fasting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
    I’m eating some carbs but very few. Target is under 30 grams per day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry brother I hit reply before I was done for no reason. That's a good target, 30g. Time it so that becomes your snack or meal before a workout. You'll use that energy during the workout and should kick back into lipolysis.

Comment

Originally posted by NxSTexan View Post
      Sorry brother I hit reply before I was done for no reason. That's a good target, 30g. Time it so that becomes your snack or meal before a workout. You'll use that energy during the workout and should kick back into lipolysis.

That’s exactly what I’m going to start doing thanks for the tip!

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
        Then gain it all back? LOL

Thats the problem, you will gain it back unless you do it full time. It will be just like any other diet, temporary

Not true. Keto or other high far high protein eating helps to change our behavior in food choices. We reach for carbs because they're easy and delicious. Half the battle is the habit breaking and re-forming. It's much easier I've found to stay away from carbs and sugar after I've done keto. Weight is still off even during my week of no rules. I have yet to gain back more than a 2lb fluctuation.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
          That’s exactly what I’m going to start doing thanks for the tip!

Always brother [emoji1377]

Comment

Thats the problem, you will gain it back unless you do it full time. It will be just like any other diet, temporary
            You will if you have no discipline, yes.

I haven't gained any back since I stopped doing Keto and intermittent fasting is something you can easily sustain. It's not difficult to do.

Comment

BOOM!!!!

Eat less then you burn.

Intermittent fasting...aka fasting and starving yourself. Not rocket science

Its not starvation though. You're still supposed to get your daily intake of calories but in a smaller window. And it's intermittent and done two to three times per week at max. I don't agree with the daily skipping breakfast or meals. That becomes a whole other issue and the body will start building up fat reserves through gluconeogenesis.

@.270 that about right?

Comment

I don't know squat about nothing.Gonna throw that out there first,and foremost..This is the way I've eaten my whole life.I'll eat one big meal per day 5,maybe 6 days a week..I lift weights every day.24hr fast,once,or twice a week..I've always felt good..My dad always said I eat like a coyote..My meals when I do eat would shock most people.I've never snacked,even as a kid..
                A few months ago I actually read about a diet that sounds just like what I do.It's called the warrior diet..Anyways,just thought I'd toss in my 2 cents lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

You are correct. Once you go back to eating regularly, the body is going to deposit more fat than usual because it doesn't know when you are going to fast again.

Comment

I've been doing keto and only eating between 12:00 and 8:00 each day and have lost 20lbs in about a month. But I also exercise during my fasting period instead of what some of the others are suggesting.

Even though it is the only diet I have ever attempted, I honestly feel that keto is probably the easiest diet. It's all about fat and moderate protein. I eat a lot of avocados, eggs, meat, and throw in some green vegetables. It's somewhat fun to try new recipes also.

Comment

Not going to read all the bickering...

Go to a real source... I would HIGHLY suggest reading the Obeseity Code by Dr. Jason Fung.

Then Make your own choice

I do, longest fast is 5 days... Hoping to go longer soon now that I'm off chemo and steroids

FYI keto and fasting go hand in hand, but I'll let you read the details

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                        Loosing weight is easy. Burn off more calories than you take in with good eating habits and some workouts and you will loose weight. Very simple process and not dangerous as some of the diets.
                        Pretty much this. Cut out Junk, don't stuff your face every sitting and become more active.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                          You are correct. Once you go back to eating regularly, the body is going to deposit more fat than usual because it doesn't know when you are going to fast again.
                          Not the case... This idea is not supported by the long term studies in any way... Again a topic specifically covered with proper credit to sources in at least two books I've read, Obeseity Code and keto clarity

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                            Not going to read all the bickering...

Go to a real source... I would HIGHLY suggest reading the Obeseity Code by Dr. Jason Fung.

Then Make your own choice

I do, longest fast is 5 days... Hoping to go longer soon now that I'm off chemo and steroids

FYI keto and fasting go hand in hand, but I'll let you read the details

[emoji1360]

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                              Not the case... This idea is not supported by the long term studies in any way... Again a topic specifically covered with proper credit to sources in at least two books I've read, Obeseity Code and keto clarity

[emoji1360]

Comment

6 small meals a day here. High protein with good carbs. Up to 270 lbs and still cutting up.

Comment

Working...
                                X