Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Help a couple rednecks get to Bay City!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help a couple rednecks get to Bay City!

Leaving here shortly and wondering what route to take coming from Tyler! Taking 79 to Buffalo and should we take 45 south to houston to the loop around or just stay on 6 through BCS and go down that way? I hate Tyler traffic so rush hour in Houston ya'll might hear about me in the news!

Thanks!

I would take Hwy 6 to 290 and hop on the grand pkwy(99) to 59 South. Get off on 60 and take it in. Avoid Houston.

Comment

If your redneck truck is street legal, I would take 79 to 45, 45S to 6, then, 6 to 36, then 60 and straight on through to Bay City. Your travel time is going to kill you heading South out of Houston, by the time you get there.

Comment

Take the scenic route and enjoy.

A wise aggie once said "The journey is half of the trip".

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

If you come down HWY 6 go to Hempstead but don't get on 290. Go from Hempstead to Bellville to Sealy to East Bernard to Wallis to Hungerford to Wharton to Bay City.

I don't know the road numbers but I have driven it so many times i could do it in my sleep. That's how I go from BC to CS.
          Last edited by Capt Glenn; 10-04-2018, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
            If you come down HWY 6 go Hempstead but don't get on 290. Go from Hempstead to Bellville to Sealy to East Bernard to Wallis to Hungerford to Wharton to Bay City.

I don't know the road numbers but I have driven it so many times i could do it in my sleep. That's how I go from BC to CS.
            Thinking about it, this is a better route. 36 to Wallis, and 60 through East Bernard and Hungerford, to Bay City.

Comment

Originally posted by sotol View Post
              Take the scenic route and enjoy.

A wise aggie once said "The journey is half of the trip".

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Made me laugh!

Comment

I just ran google maps. It said to come down through Crockett, catch I-45 in Huntsville and come straight down.

That's risky though, because by the time you hit Houston, traffic will be building and the idiots will be out in full force.

An alternative would be to run 99 around Houston to Hwy 59 and run Hwy 59 out of town.

Another alternative would be to take Hwy 30 out of Huntsville to Roans Prairie. Catch Hwy 90 south through Anderson and catch Hwy 6 in Navasota. Then go down through Bellville, Sealy, then East Bernard. I haven't run these roads in a while so can't remember how they are. But this would make to sure to keep you away from the Houston craziness.

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
                  I just ran google maps. It said to come down through Crockett, catch I-45 in Huntsville and come straight down.

That's risky though, because by the time you hit Houston, traffic will be building and the idiots will be out in full force.

An alternative would be to run 99 around Houston to Hwy 59 and run Hwy 59 out of town.

Another alternative would be to take Hwy 30 out of Huntsville to Roans Prairie. Catch Hwy 90 south through Anderson and catch Hwy 6 in Navasota. Then go down through Bellville, Sealy, then East Bernard. I haven't run these roads in a while so can't remember how they are. But this would make to sure to keep you away from the Houston craziness.

10 minutes longer than going through Houston

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Tyle...28.9827565!3e0

10 minutes longer than going through Houston
                    This route right here is 10 minutes longer right now and probable 30 minutes shorter in about 4hours.

Comment

If you come down HWY 6 go to Hempstead but don't get on 290. Go from Hempstead to Bellville to Sealy to East Bernard to Wallis to Hungerford to Wharton to Bay City.

This is the best way. Avoid Houston at all costs.

Comment

This is what I was going to suggest also.

Comment

Watch your speed in Wallis.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                            Thinking about it, this is a better route. 36 to Wallis, and 60 through East Bernard and Hungerford, to Bay City.
                            This right here is the best route for you if you're North and West of Houston...
                            45 can be a nightmare around Huntsville with some construction they have going on right now...
                            59 South is all torn up from just south of Sugar Land all the way to Wharton... 55 mph speed limit and outbound in late afternoons is HORRIBLE!!

Comment

The route Coastal mentioned is best from my neck of the woods. And when I travel the OPs way I pretty much run away from 45.

IF you decide to roll 45 hop off on 99 and take that back to 290. Most of the 290 traffic will be opened up for the short ride to HWY 6 or waller

Comment

Working...
                              X