No announcement yet.

What's a good buck in Junction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hunted off Cleo Rd. for 10 years... The bucks we harvested ranged from 120's to 140's.
    Every once in awhile a big deer is taken in Kimble Co. though. I can remember a TTHA article written up on a Kimble Co LF buck that was in the 190's near the river.

Comment

BrandonH wife shot a 180" northwest of town. His daughter shot a big 130-140 8 as well. There is some big deer around just not as normal as other parts of Texas. However, the exotics is what brings most to the area.

Comment

We hunted a place west of Junction last year. We had lots of mature 8s and crap rack bucks. Saw one mature 9pt on camera, but never in person. Saw one 10pt on camera, but never in person. Bodies were big and healthy, but antler genetics are poor.

Comment

A dream trophy out there may hit 140. Otherwise low 130's is very nice

Comment

I think what you have is probably going to be topping out there. A mature buck 130-140” is definitely a shooter in my opinion.

Comment

Shoot a 125.

Comment

What’s a good buck in Junction?

A dry, alive one?

Comment

125"-135" is a good Junction area deer. Had a lease there off Cleo Rd and we killed two (brother killed one) in two years right at 130". They said that was the biggest killed off the place in 10yrs.

Comment

A 6.5 year old no matter what he scores. A. 140 3 yr old is not a trophy.

Comment

Originally posted by Payne346 View Post
                      125"-135" is a good Junction area deer. Had a lease there off Cleo Rd and we killed two (brother killed one) in two years right at 130". They said that was the biggest killed off the place in 10yrs.
                      Good buck at any location in this state.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                        A 6.5 year old no matter what he scores. A. 140 3 yr old is not a trophy.
                        In your opinion.

But no individual gets to define what a trophy is. That's up to the hunter.

Comment

Hunted a well managed place that took a long time to get good. I shot a 120” and missed an opportunity on a 146” both 3 year olds. I would agree 120-145 is the average. A few 150’s but not many.
                          Last edited by krtnorris; 10-12-2018, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Found dead a year or so ago near junction on a LF place with protein

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                              Good buck at any location in this state.
                              It is a good buck, no doubt. But, I believe depending on your location this thought changes. For example, I now have a place in South Texas and we are upset our 160-170" deer aren't 180"-200". Right or wrong, IMO is does matter where you are to define what range bucks your looking to take. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

If you got a few years and plenty of protein consumption, 145-150 is possible.
                                Hill Country deer are just that, Hill Country deer.

Comment

Working...
                                X