No announcement yet.

Very sad day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been said that sin will take you further that you want to go, cost you more than you want to pay, and keep you longer than you want to stay. I'm sure your friend is realizing this now in so many ways.
    Sorry you are going thru the realization that friends are not always as they appear. One of my wife's good friends in college is serving time for attempted murder of his wife. I know the shock. I put my trust in very few people. Some people don't like that about me, but I've been burned too often.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Comment

I sat on a jury for aggravated sexual assault of a child 15 years ago. Cut and dried, defense lawyer didn't even present anything when it was defense's time. Took the jury 5 mins before lunch and 10 mins after lunch to convict. Had a young woman who wasn't sure, talked about all the evidence that was presented and she was onboard. We didn't have to sentence him due to an other conviction in California years before. 2nd conviction meant 60 to life (if I remember correctly), he was 62, so it meant life. Very difficult to sit in that courtroom for a week and listen twice, to what he had been done to that 5 yr old girl for about a year.

Comment

Unfortunately the victims are usually serving a life sentence of their own.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
          Unfortunately the victims are usually serving a life sentence of their own.
          Yep the victims often carry the guilt for an eternity

prayers sent up for ALL affected by sexual abuse

Comment

You never know.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              Well, sir, you can be thankful it wasn't my girls or you'd be mourning more than your friends' guilt.
              Amen to that

Comment

Well, sir, you can be thankful it wasn't my girls or you'd be mourning more than your friends' guilt.
                Harder to do than we realize to kill another man. Thought some of my family would but nobody did.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                  Harder to do than we realize to kill another man. Thought some of my family would but nobody did.
                  Really? How hard can it be? People literally do it everyday for a lot lesser reasons than I'm talking about. I don't know about your family, but I dang sure know that hundreds of people kill every week...it can't be hard. Killing ain't hard, it's justifying it that is hard. If someone hurt my kids, I'd do it and stop by DQ for a Blizzard on the way home.

Comment

The killing part is easy.
                    Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                    Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Comment

Really? How hard can it be? People literally do it everyday for a lot lesser reasons than I'm talking about. I don't know about your family, but I dang sure know that hundreds of people kill every week...it can't be hard. Killing ain't hard, it's justifying it that is hard. If someone hurt my kids, I'd do it and stop by DQ for a Blizzard on the way home.
                      I know this thread is of a serious nature but I LOL’ed at this.

Comment

These pieces of excrement don't fear prison, I think a small ball peen hammer and barefeet would be a decent place to start. Then throw them in general population with flyers of their face and crime handed out to all the other prisoners.

Comment

SSS

And a cookie dough blizzard

Comment

Can’t be any harder than having to hear your child tell you that a trusted family friend has been molesting them

Comment

Easier said than done as far as shooting some scum ball in the head. JMO. Nothing more.
                              Last edited by doghouse; 10-03-2018, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Yes Sir

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X