No announcement yet.

NEW MeatEater Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, you guys convinced me. I am stuck, unable to hunt, at a job site but plenty of time in the evenings for Netflix. This is my next show to watch. Need to get caught up on Vikings first though.

Comment

Just tried this show for first time tonight, never heard of it. Thanks for this! Where is this dude from? Kinda sounds like up north, Michigan maybe?

Comment

I have been following Steve for awhile and have his books, another great guy to follow is Randy Newberg.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
          Just tried this show for first time tonight, never heard of it. Thanks for this! Where is this dude from? Kinda sounds like up north, Michigan maybe?

Michigan is right.

Comment

Rinella told a really good story about him and a group of guys getting attacked by a grizzly on Afognak Island in Alaska during an elk hunt and he has an episode this season hunting there. Unfortunately it must have been a different year cuz they never had any grizzly encounters.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH44 View Post
              Rinella told a really good story about him and a group of guys getting attacked by a grizzly on Afognak Island in Alaska during an elk hunt and he has an episode this season hunting there. Unfortunately it must have been a different year cuz they never had any grizzly encounters.
              Is this where the bear ran through camp?

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                Is this where the bear ran through camp?
                Rinella killed an elk and a grizzly claimed it. They went to retrieve it the next morning, got real complacent and started eating sandwiches around the carcass when the bear stormed out and attacked them. Nobody was injured though.

Comment

Rinella killed an elk and a grizzly claimed it. They went to retrieve it the next morning, got real complacent and started eating sandwiches around the carcass when the bear stormed out and attacked them. Nobody was injured though.
                  Yes, that's the one I was thinking of.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                    Yes, that's the one I was thinking of.

Think that was called The Meat Tree.

Comment

I’m pretty sure the episode of afognak island is the same hunt as described on the pod cast called “the meat tree”.
                      The grizzly encounter was not caught on video so I understand why they didn’t mention it on the show.
                      Without it being caught in video, all they could really do is talk about it on the show which makes for bad TV production and besides they talk about it extensively on the pod cast.

Comment

It was the same hunt they just did not include it for some reason. When they told the story of the attack they talked about how the elk went down in the creek just like it did on the show. Really disappointed there was nothing about it during the episode but I don't think the cameras were running when it happened.

Comment

I started watching this show after seeing this thread and this guy really enjoys to hear himself talk. I enjoy the show for the most part. I'd be perfectly fine if he would dial down the never ending blah blah blah though.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                            THAT is the one episode that irked me. He seemed to look down his nose at the way they gather fish as it is "unsportsmanlike" or something. They are subsistence hunters/anglers looking for food to support their villages. Not like a couple rednecks throwing dynamite at catfish. Some seem to disagree but "to each their own."
                            I will have to go back and watch that episode. I didn't get that from it at all.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
                              I will have to go back and watch that episode. I didn't get that from it at all.

You know... I tried going back to find the exact quote and couldn't find it either. I was at the office though and didn't sit and actually watch. It was the part where they were "poisoning" fish in order to easily pick them off the surface of the water.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                                You know... I tried going back to find the exact quote and couldn't find it either. I was at the office though and didn't sit and actually watch. It was the part where they were "poisoning" fish in order to easily pick them off the surface of the water.
                                Do you remember the season and episode number?

I took from it that he respected what they were doing but he didn't want to participate because for him it wasn't a necessity.

Comment

Working...
                                X