No announcement yet.

NEW MeatEater Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Several episodes in the new season. Just as good as the others just 1 disappointment for me. They’re only 22-28 min episodes and not an hour like the others.

Comment

I messed up and watched the whole season in 2 days. I do wish they were longer shows. Also wish they would have talked about the bear attack during the Afognak Elk hunt. Overall great season though. Hopefully there will be more in the future through Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
        I watched it today. He started out with a bow hunt, I liked it. He doesn't do much with bows as he finds rifles more efficient for making meat. And *spoiler* he didn't kill an animal lol.
        Rifles are much more efficient than a bow for making meet. That’s a fact.

Comment

I’m digging this show. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Watched first episode with my two year old. Both enjoyed it. And can't argue that a rifle is more efficient

Comment

Just saw this thread about an hour and a half ago. Never looked for hunting shows on netflix because i did not think to look. Watching the meat grinding/cooking episode now. The moose hunt ep. was good. Theres no way i would take the likes of Joe Rogan and the other guy hunting, that ep. reminded me of someone I took hunting once.......

Anyways a good show overall.
              Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowdark View Post
                Just saw this thread about an hour and a half ago. Never looked for hunting shows on netflix because i did not think to look. Watching the meat grinding/cooking episode now. The moose hunt ep. was good. Theres no way i would take the likes of Joe Rogan and the other guy hunting, that ep. reminded me of someone I took hunting once.......

Anyways a good show overall.
                Thanks.
                Huh? Dunno which Rogan episode you're referring to, but he has turned into a wide reaching, vocal advocate of hunting and conservation and I guarantee he shoots his bow better and more than most guys on here. If you don't like the guy, fine, but he's the perfect example of an adult onset hunter who fully embraces it for what it is and not what he used to think it was. And his audience hears that change in philosophy all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                  Huh? Dunno which Rogan episode you're referring to, but he has turned into a wide reaching, vocal advocate of hunting and conservation and I guarantee he shoots his bow better and more than most guys on here. If you don't like the guy, fine, but he's the perfect example of an adult onset hunter who fully embraces it for what it is and not what he used to think it was. And his audience hears that change in philosophy all the time.
                  Had to Google this phrase that sounded like a term -- "adult onset hunter". In other words, a grown-up who decides to take up hunting. Interesting. Learned something. Field and Stream article about the phenomenon notes that this demographic represents the quickest way to add hunters among the population -- they have decision-making ability, transportation, funds to buy equipment. Just need the know-how and access to actually become hunters.

Guessing MeatEater appeals to this group of new hunters, wanting to hunt and gather their own meat and whatnot. More power to 'em!

Comment

I still can't get over when he went to South America and judged indigenous tribes on how they got their food.

And then his comment on he stopped bowhunting as much because rifle hunting was more humane(paraphrased).

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                      Had to Google this phrase that sounded like a term -- "adult onset hunter". In other words, a grown-up who decides to take up hunting. Interesting. Learned something. Field and Stream article about the phenomenon notes that this demographic represents the quickest way to add hunters among the population -- they have decision-making ability, transportation, funds to buy equipment. Just need the know-how and access to actually become hunters.

Guessing MeatEater appeals to this group of new hunters, wanting to hunt and gather their own meat and whatnot. More power to 'em!
                      YUP!

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                      I still can't get over when he went to South America and judged indigenous tribes on how they got their food.

And then his comment on he stopped bowhunting as much because rifle hunting was more humane(paraphrased).
                      LOL that's not paraphrasing that negligent misquoting. He said "the meat producing efficacy of a gun is hard to argue against." That has nothing to do with being humane. It is more effective to get meat with a gun than it is with a bow. I'm not sure how anyone could argue that. And he hardly judged the South American folks. He seemed enamored with them, though their techniques were off to him relating to his background, as he clearly states many times.

Comment

says they are brand new episodes. Their seasons are kinda weird. I've got all of them on VHX and they don't line up with netflix or TV exactly.

https://twitter.com/MeatEaterTV/stat...43501782167552

"It’s finally here! Sixteen brand new episodes of MeatEater are debuting as a @netflix Original at this very moment."
                        Not sure what they are lol, his podcast he said "All new", but his site said season 7. Regardless, glad they are up!

Comment

YUP!

LOL that's not paraphrasing that negligent misquoting. He said "the meat producing efficacy of a gun is hard to argue against." That has nothing to do with being humane. It is more effective to get meat with a gun than it is with a bow. I'm not sure how anyone could argue that. And he hardly judged the South American folks. He seemed enamored with them, though their techniques were off to him relating to his background, as he clearly states many times.
                          It's not worth discussing nuance here. I agree with you though, it was pretty clearly stated in the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post

THAT is the one episode that irked me. He seemed to look down his nose at the way they gather fish as it is "unsportsmanlike" or something. They are subsistence hunters/anglers looking for food to support their villages. Not like a couple rednecks throwing dynamite at catfish. Some seem to disagree but "to each their own."

Comment

I love his shows but I like his podcast even more.
                              If you haven’t read his books, especially “Meateater” you should definitely check it out. I wish he would write more and even dive deeper into historical non-fiction and maybe even historical fiction. He has a knack for story telling

Comment

Episode 2 got me in the feels when he was glassing and talking about never being able to bring his dad on a hunt like Janis. How he and his brothers slowed his dad down when he was a kid but he never had the opportunity to be slowed down by his dad. Reading his books he mentions some things about his dad that he never has in his show or podcast (that I remember at least).

Comment

Working...
                                X