This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oktx View Post
    Correct. However, they tackle so poorly. Just make the tackle and the D is serviceable.
    I take back everything I said about Murray. Dude is a baller.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Football in this state is so much better when both ATM and UT are winning. I can get Texas to 10-11 wins pretty easily. I think my Ags can get to 9 wins on the strength of the Defense but they have to beat Gamecocks on the road Saturday. Elko has done an amazing job in the short time he has been in College Station.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
        Football in this state is so much better when both ATM and UT are winning. I can get Texas to 10-11 wins pretty easily. I think my Ags can get to 9 wins on the strength of the Defense but they have to beat Gamecocks on the road Saturday. Elko has done an amazing job in the short time he has been in College Station.

It’s on the table for both of us. Since it’s everyone’s favorite phrase, Texas is not back. They are getting better and improving each week. They have gotten healthy getting a starter back on the OL and some depth back on defense with some young guys that are going to be good.

This team has the talent to win 10-11 games but 1/2 of this team has lost a lot of games. It’s going to be a challenge week in, week out to make sure the right team shows up.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
          It’s on the table for both of us. Since it’s everyone’s favorite phrase, Texas is not back. They are getting better and improving each week. They have gotten healthy getting a starter back on the OL and some depth back on defense with some young guys that are going to be good.

This team has the talent to win 10-11 games but 1/2 of this team has lost a lot of games. It’s going to be a challenge week in, week out to make sure the right team shows up.

You brought it up

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
            You brought it up

Perfect.

Herman is 12-1 vs the spread as underdog (9 outright wins) and 4-6-1 as the favorite as a head coach.

This plays right into my theory that His teams play to the level of their competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
              You brought it up

Speaking of aggie honks that use any angle possible to keep this in the discussion....

Here you go BoB....Exhibit A

Comment

What does "back" mean when used in this context?

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  Yeah, it wasn't exactly UGA, LSU or Florida......or OU.

As I said it was a good win. The Aggie D played well and the running game looked better than UK.

Texas' win was good but there is work to be done. I repeat, with high powered Os like WVU and Tech still left......the staff has to learn to keep the hammer down or they could easily lose those games. The 4th qtr was beyond frustrating.

Kentucky beat Florida at the swamp plus Mississippi state and South Carolina. Their o-line dominated those teams and ran at will. A&m beat them in the trenches.

Come on bob. A&m is playing your kind of football right now. Smash mouth. Kentucky did not run a play in A&m territory.

Comment

Get on a plane to fly home for three hours ans way to much to respond to. I generally agree with you on the overall football discussion. It's frustrating we can't have a better level of intelligent discussion.

While I generally agree with the feel of the game. They will be favored in all the rest of their games except UGA and if they end up with only 2 losses the worst I can imagine them is 15.
                    They should with that schedule. I didn’t see any playmakers on the field with Kentucky and their QB play was atrocious. I understand Snell is good but only 13 carries is not going to get it done with no help from anybody else.

Not trying to minimize the win at all, but i don’t believe that was the #13 team in the country.

Comment

It’s about matchups. Strength vs weakness. What I’m saying is I don’t think you can look at total O and D numbers to tell the whole story. In any experiment if your variables are different, the results are flawed. The teams are built different, play different styles of ball.

For the A&M offense...

It seems when A&M is at their best on offense is when they go up tempo and let Mond get into a rhythm. A&M has play makers on the outside and I think Williams is an incredible back and would only get better with the field spread open for him. A&M weakness on offense is their offense line which doesn’t hurt you as much in the Big 12 vs the SEC since you don’t have to hold your block as long.
                      This is true. A&m oline is salvageable with monds mobility but their mistakes (false starts and holding) have killed a bunch of drives these last two games.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                        I take back everything I said about Murray. Dude is a baller.

He's a player. Made 1 huge mistake. Other than that, he's tough to stop. Sam played very well and has improved greatly as far as not throwing it to the other team. However, I don't think OU's secondary could catch it if he did. 😂

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
                          Kentucky beat Florida at the swamp plus Mississippi state and South Carolina. Their o-line dominated those teams and ran at will. A&m beat them in the trenches.

Come on bob. A&m is playing your kind of football right now. Smash mouth. Kentucky did not run a play in A&m territory.
                          Please go back and read where I said the exact same thing you just said. Lol.

Don't selectively look at what I say after the usual suspects Aggy up the thread. Lol.

Comment

Reporter asked Hager if Texas was back? He said "Yes, Texas is back....back to work tomorrow".

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

New AP poll out. Quite a shake up as you can imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                                Kentucky ran zero plays on Ags side of the fiddy. Unreal. Wrecking Crew is back, folks.
                                LOL I see how you did that. The 54 yard TD in the first qtr doesn't count.

Comment

Working...
                                X