• Time
  • Show
Clear All

You boys got your lines tangled up...

Comment

Originally posted by dale moser View Post
      you boys got your lines tangled up...
      lol :d :d
      Last edited by Birddog66; 10-08-2018, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Ruffin will probably work out. Players love him and will play hard for him. Keep it simple and let the athletes play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The crazy thing is, after week 1, even BOB didn’t think Texas would run the gauntlet through the RRS unscathed.

I still have a smidgeon of doubt but I also took the tiniest sip of coolaid this weekend. I spit it back out after that slippery high dollar QB put the team on his back late in the game while Texas was practicing their victory formation a bit early. Thank goodness for freshmen soccer kickers who giggle under pressure with catchy last names.

I think the Texas QB has come into his own and the backs and receivers are pretty dang salty. One of the mantras has been showing progress and there’s no doubt we have seen that. I’ll keep the coolaid handy.

New Years Day Bowl? Nope, too much football to play. Just beat Baylor.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
            The crazy thing is, after week 1, even BOB didn’t think Texas would run the gauntlet through the RRS unscathed.

I still have a smidgeon of doubt but I also took the tiniest sip of coolaid this weekend. I spit it back out after that slippery high dollar QB put the team on his back late in the game while Texas was practicing their victory formation a bit early. Thank goodness for freshmen soccer kickers who giggle under pressure with catchy last names.

I think the Texas QB has come into his own and the backs and receivers are pretty dang salty. One of the mantras has been showing progress and there’s no doubt we have seen that. I’ll keep the coolaid handy.

Same.... I was like ****, this team may have something up 21 and then Kyler Murray gut punched me back into my cautious optimism reality and aged me 5 years..

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
              Apparently, letting Stoops go was not LR's call and it came from above. I'm sure he agrees with it, regardless. Ruffin up the passer, coming soon.
              Is LR just a pawn or a puppet? Can't be good having Big Brother telling you how to run your program.

Comment

I was gonna burn all my Texas gear. Lol.

Yep, letting them get back in it changed things. I still think it was a coaching philosophy that can change. I also thought they would have learned from K State and went for blood against OU.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 10-08-2018, 09:53 AM.

Comment

I think it was 1/3 untimely coaching philosophy, 1/3 Murray and that offense, 1/3 RRR.

We came away with a W, but, lets hope we learned something from that 4th qrter.

Comment

To start I felt like Texas would’ve been 3-3 at best, then Maryland and Tulsa happened. I then started to feel just like year two of Charlie Strong. I never would’ve thought Texas would ever be sitting 5-1 right now. And they aren’t playing lights out either, this team has yet to play up to its potential. Had Texas drive down and out a dagger in OU’s heart and made it 52-24, I’d have gulped a route44 of Texas Koolaid Slush. However I saw a lot of the same team from the first several weeks show up in the 4th qtr. I’m still watching cautiously optimistic before I grab the glass.

Comment

That is some artful prose, Legdog, along with sage assessment! Especially enjoyed the kicker portion of the wrap-up.

Comment

Working...
                      X