Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So do you shoot a doe this weekend or keep them around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since my land is on the wrong side of the county the state says I need to be on MLD to shoot does in regular season so the does get whacked during archery season. Apparently we don't have the deer density but it's common to see 10-20 on a sit.

Comment

There are so many does. I usually shoot one if they present an easy shot to fill the freezer and take the meat pressure off. Plus a perfect test for when that buck comes around.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        As soon as i see one without fawns, I'm shankin

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
        We got 3 fawns that I know of that are still heavily covered in spots. My prime stand I didn't hunt this morning due to rain but I have a doe and fawn there everyday but the fawn is covered in spots so mom gets a pass.

Comment

Shoot them B4 rut if you can

Comment

1st doe I see is getting her lungs blown out!

Comment

I ain't gonna lie something needs to die.
              Been pondering on this morning.

Sent from my LM-X210CMR using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
                This. I shot a doe that had a fawn once. Last time I do that.
                Made that mistake once also. Doe came out quick and I shot her quick. Few minutes later baby came out and stood by mom. I had to run it off to get the doe. I will try to never make that mistake again

Comment

Does - before the rut
                  Big bucks - your call but I would wait till after the rut so they can pass on their genes.
                  Cull bucks - anytime

Comment

We usually wait until late season, we have plenty so no big deal, besides that I don't want to have to quarter up and put on ice, I like for the carcass to hang a few days before processing.

Comment

Really just depends on the situation and if the freezer is getting low. This year going to use the does as buck bait until doe days.

Comment

I have 1 older doe that I will take anytime I get the chance, but all other does will most likely get a pass the whole season. Not a managed lease, so I try to let the meat hunters shoot the does in hopes they leave the bucks alone.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

I shoot them but we have a lot

Comment

We have several does on our place. Its nice to have something to watch, but we usually dont see any bucks until rut anyway so we try to hold off on shooting does. Walker county allows does to be killed until thanksgiving (at least they did last year). So theres time for meat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                              We got 3 fawns that I know of that are still heavily covered in spots. My prime stand I didn't hunt this morning due to rain but I have a doe and fawn there everyday but the fawn is covered in spots so mom gets a pass.
                              There was a momma and twins in my driveway yesterday morning. Them babies where tiny and just barely above rhe knee high grass across the street

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Not shooting a doe yet. He could be 30 yards away.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X