X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else not seeing the pictures?

Comment

Deer Age - Hill Country

The first buck is around 4.5 and I’ll bet that the second is 5.5, the first one looks young in the first pics but you gotta remember if the dates are right on your pictures that was the heat of the summer and I’m sure he was a little sucked up due to the heat. Now later in the year he’s filled back out, it’s a common thing that happens in the hill country we notice it every year. As for the second buck to me he shows his age with his sway back,deep chest and full flank he is definitely a great hill country back for sure.He would be on my list of possible bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by apc10 View Post
        Both are most likely going to be much older than most people are guessing. We've shot many that were guessed under 4.5 but the teeth end up aging 6+. Hill country deer can be pretty deceiving at times.

I agree with that 100% I just shot a doe this past weekend that I thought was a solid 4.5 and turned out to be 8.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

5.5 at least on both... I hunt comal county both of those I'm ground checking

Comment

2.5 and 5.5

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. I saw the first buck in person the second week of rifle season, but no shot. I'll be back out after Christmas for a few days and will try to get it done again. Will report back.

Comment

4.5 and 6.5 for my guess

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                  3.5 for #1 (for sure)

4.5 maybe 5.5 for #2
                  This is what I was thinking.

Comment

Working...
                  X