No announcement yet.

Shoot through mesh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I switched to G5s but it's definitely the Blazer vanes that have me wondering...

Comment

Originally posted by TexasLongball View Post
      I switched to G5s but it's definitely the Blazer vanes that have me wondering...
      just another reason i use feathers,,,, mesh does not bother them at all nor do they bother the mesh

Comment

No issue at all when shooting fixed broadheads though mesh windows. I've been doing it for over 20 years.

I have missed a couple deer and blamed it on the mesh though

Comment

Shoot through mesh

I’ve shot more critters thru mesh than I can count!!! The only issue I have ever had is when I tried to shoot at a real hard angle. Me feathers would catch on the mesh and it would mess up the arrow flight. Just stay somewhat perpendicular to the mesh, and you will be fine. Just about all I hunt out of is ground blinds now, and every window in every one of my blinds has mesh. Keeping tight. The freedom of movement I get with the mesh in the windows is worth it. The only real downside to having mesh is that you lose about 10 minutes of shooting light.

Also, if you decide to leave the mesh in, practice a bit in your blind shooting thru the mesh. For a lot of folks, it can mess with depth perception a little bit.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Last edited by Bisch; 09-27-2018, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
            You are going to get both answers here.
            This guy nailed it.

Comment

I missed a 170 inch buck three different times from 20-30 yards, I hate to make excuses but it was the first and the last time I shot through mesh, now I lower it before I shoot or when low light conditions.

Comment

Keep the mesh stretched tight and don't shoot through it at an angle. As said above, if your bow is tuned right the mesh shouldn't affect arrow flight. I've killed multiple deer shooting through it.

A popup with mesh was a game changer for my success rate. Deer are much less spooky looking at the mesh rather than looking through a dark hole of an open window, especially if the window was not open the day before. And as far as brushing them in, you do not have to if the blind has been in place long enough. Put it out in the open in a place that you want during August and deer pay it no mind by October.

Comment

Best thing is just leave the windows open at all times that you plan to have open when your hunting pull all that mesh off and make you your very own bug suit out of it if you prefer not to burn it

Comment

Bisch is correct, I have also shot through mesh for many years with no issues using fixed blade broadheads. Losing a couple of minutes of shooting light is an easy trade off in my opinion for the movement concealment you get from mesh. Those white tailed deer are alert little critters!

Comment

Makes me crossed looking thru it to long. I take it and leave it off so the deer get used to it.
                      Last edited by Abcdj; 09-27-2018, 09:12 AM.

Comment

This has got to be the Million Dollar question every year.
                        The only answer here is to shoot a few arrows thru it and find out for yourself on the set up you have.
                        You ALWAYS practice how you will hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                          The only answer here is to shoot a few arrows thru it and find out for yourself on the set up you have.

It shouldn't still be a question as long as pop up blinds have been around, but somehow people are still afraid to shoot through windows that are made to shoot through

Comment

I've never had any issues shooting thru it, but I would take one of the screens from the rear of the blind and practice shooting thru it.

Comment

The loss of light and blurring the target is the issue I have. I already lose 10-15 minutes of light hunting in a pop up. Add a few more for the mesh and it’s not worth it. Only open one window and wear a black shirt and mask. I hunt with 2 kids in mine and never get busted. Zero need in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                                Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                                It shouldn't still be a question as long as pop up blinds have been around, but somehow people are still afraid to shoot through windows that are made to shoot through
                                But yet, people will "cut slots" or "holes" in it and shoot thru those!!!
                                I don't bow hunt out of a pop up, but if I did, you can bank on me making some practice shots out of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X