Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
    Third rut most likely a yearling doe

Are saying it's a yearling doe or it's mom was?

Yearlings don't still have spots.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
      I got a pic of a deer 09-09-18 with spots still on its rump.
      I can't resize pic on my phone.
      When was Mom bred?
      If someone will send me their number I'll text it to you if you can resize it and post it.

Sent from my LM-X210CMR using Tapatalk

She was bred on February 14, 2018 at 7:13 pm. He took her to her favorite white oak tree on Valentines day and then laid the wood...... She was under-aged but they were in love.

Comment

Hill Country just north of San Antonio. Plenty of deer that are still spotted but it's dwindling daily.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          She was bred on February 14, 2018 at 7:13 pm. He took her to her favorite white oak tree on Valentines day and then laid the wood...... She was under-aged but they were in love.
          Makes complete sense to me

Comment

Yep, we still have plenty with some spots just on rump though. They are tender, we call them a "sammich" at our place. Just enough to make a "sammach". We also kinda believe a doe is a doe. As long as you don't screw up and get a nubbin.

Comment

Our GW says shoot the young does, the older does are your breeders.
              Originally posted by red-fin View Post
              Yep, we still have plenty with some spots just on rump though. They are tender, we call them a "sammich" at our place. Just enough to make a "sammach". We also kinda believe a doe is a doe. As long as you don't screw up and get a nubbin.
              Sent from my LM-X210CMR using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw a couple fawns in my neighborhood yesterday that still had plenty of spots.

Comment

They are probably axis

Comment

Here in Comal county we have two main herds one has fawns with spots still and the other has fawns but they lost their spots a month ago...

Comment

Here is Michael's picture of the fawn in question

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Half whitetail and half Axis. My dang Axis buck busted out of his high fence about three years ago. Looks like he's making mega fawns out here now.

Comment

I saw one off Tram Road in Beaumont that looked to still be completely covered in spots last week.

Comment

I pulled cards yesterday and had a pic yesterday morning of fawn still with lots of spots. San Augustine county
                            Attached Files

Comment

Once they lose their summer coat them spots will all be gone. Might be 2nd week of October though.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                                I usually see fawns with spots up until the first week of October on our place.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
                                Same, although on a couple of rare occasions I've seen spotted fawns into late October before (late droppers)

Comment

Working...
                                X