No announcement yet.

Buddhism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Madhatter. Have you ever listened to any of the lecture/ debate by Dr William Lane Craig? His website is www.reasonablefaith.com/org.

Given your background and line if wuestions i really think you would enjoy it.

You and I have asked alot of the same questions over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
      Hey Madhatter. Have you ever listened to any of the lecture/ debate by Dr William Lane Craig? His website is www.reasonablefaith.com/org.

Given your background and line if wuestions i really think you would enjoy it.

You and I have asked alot of the same questions over the years.
      No, but I'll definitely check it out

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
        Jesus was but a man as well. Where is your proof, he wasn't? History has been recorded as men see fit. Witnessing it right now, here in the US.
        Where is your proof he was raised from the dead? You simply believe, there is no proof period, that's why it requires faith to work. Not saying you're right or wrong, just that it's that way for you. Others don't see your proof, as proof.
        Tell me how a man, who couldn't read or write, never seen a book, a church, or heard of God, get to heaven?
        Do the things the Bible tells you to do still matter? 10 commandments, etc...
        I've posed this question before, and had more than 1 debate with missionaries in our church.
        For 100s, possibly 1000,s of yrs, Indians, African tribesman, Amazon tribesman, lived and died by the 1000,s never knowing anything about God. They worshipped "false gods", and were heathens of the highest order.
        Did any of them go to heaven? Bible says no man shall enter the kingdom unless you follow Gods laws.
        The missionaries from my church (several different ones) have as a whole, never encountered anyone that knew of Jesus, or worshipped God, prior to them telling them about it. I've never read any stories, of any missionaries ever encountering the savages of the Amazons, American Indians, etc..that already knew Christ. So what of those people. Yes the Bible says god gives everyone a chance, but how come there are 0 that knew Christ until someone told them about him. Picture your walk with Christ 8f you had never even heard of him, you had no Bible, church, pastor, commentaries, or anyone else alive around you that had heard of any of these things. Not to mention, you have 0 understanding of the world around you. Everything is steeped in magic, mysticism, and voodoo. All the things the Bible says one must do to obtain Heaven, they never even dreamed them, let alone practice them. So those things didn't apply to the savage, who lived and died for 100's of yrs, before KJ ever even had the Bible translated?
        What of them, and Gods commands? Do they all burn in hell?
        Again, check out Josephus and others. We’re taking about a carpenter rabbi single handedly overthrowing the most powerful military and professional execution system on the planet—the Roman government. 50+ GUARDS THAT FACED CERTAIN DEATH IF THIS DEAD MAN ESCAPED. Full blown investigations have been conducted into his death and resurrection, and the smartest experts in law, medicine, history, physics etc can find no holes. And it all happened exactly as prophecied. If you are going to claim that you refuse to believe something that you did not witness, then you have departed from all rational logic. Was the holocaust fabricated? Man on the moon? 911? I don’t think that’s what you’re saying, because that is a slippery slope with no end. There are eye witness accounts of the empty tomb, and his appearance thereafter. If you’re challenging the Bible, Dead Sea Scrolls, primitive tribal people recording a great flood event, etc., you have actually brought upon yourself a tremendous burden of proof to prove that anything that happened yesterday is unknowable. I believe that would be intellectually irresponsible.

As to your questions about God’s judgment and how He handles those with no knowledge of Jesus. Excellent questions that I so wish everyone would ask. I will defer you to DFA’s link, as well as some scripture and commentary offered by a respected theologian, John Piper: https://www.desiringgod.org/intervie...on-every-heart

I’m curious, what is your theory on how this dead man disappeared? Hint: theories abound, all with bullet proof rebuttals, check them out...if you want to know the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
          I’m curious, what is your theory on how this dead man disappeared? Hint: theories abound, all with bullet proof rebuttals, check them out...if you want to know the truth.
          Your theory on how he disappeared is that the flesh went to Heaven? And if that is the case - where exactly is Heaven?

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
            According to you .
            What if BOB dies, and gets to come back as the lead singer of Slayer?
            Tom Araya has a net worth of 15 million. He married a smokin blonde from Dallas. They live on a ranch in Texas.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              Wow! What if he comes back to an alternate world where Slayer never existed?
              Lamb of God
              Sepultura
              Megadeth
              Iron Maiden
              Judas Priest

I would be fine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                Your theory on how he disappeared is that the flesh went to Heaven? And if that is the case - where exactly is Heaven?
                Heaven cannot be found within the physical confines of our universe. If God can create a universe from nothing, far be it from me to put him in a box that prevents him from residing in another dimension unobserveable by us. He tells us in scripture that He chooses to keep certain things from us, but offers plenty of evidence to believe in Him, and if we’re honest with ourselves that we are moral sentient created beings that fall short of perfection, and are therefore in need of a redemptive mechanism to be restored to our perfect creator that we were made in the image of in the first place.

Comment

The secret things belongs to our Lord God Almighty ! But the things revealed belongs to us and our children forever that we follow all the words of his law.

Comment

Heaven cannot be found within the physical confines of our universe. If God can create a universe from nothing, far be it from me to put him in a box that prevents him from residing in another dimension unobserveable by us. He tells us in scripture that He chooses to keep certain things from us, but offers plenty of evidence to believe in Him, and if we’re honest with ourselves that we are moral sentient created beings that fall short of perfection, and are therefore in need of a redemptive mechanism to be restored to our perfect creator that we were made in the image of in the first place.
                    So what I would take from that is - there is no proof that he did or did not disappear. Just a belief. Because neither can be proven as "Truth". Which in turn would make it your Truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      My own opinions and beliefs aside, I commend all of you gentlemen for turning what started as a sketchy conversation, into a level headed, informative sharing of views.

Well played.
                      Gives a lot of insight as to why a bunch of rationally minded human beings can wage war on each other and deliver hundreds of thousands to their death. Tribalism is just a reality of human behavior. Good or bad.

Comment

So what I would take from that is - there is no proof that he did or did not disappear. Just a belief. Because neither can be proven as "Truth". Which in turn would make it your Truth.
                        Respectfully, this has long been settled that Jesus was a real person that was crucified by the Roman Empire, for hundreds of people to witness, and disappeared like a fart in the wind. If a person wants tonignore it, then I guess it does make it my truth and not theirs. Call it what you want.

And again, 50+ Roman guards with a standing death sentence for failure. You tell me how that happens. Not just rhetoric, seriously tell me.

Every time the question of explaining Jesus’ disappearance from the most heavily guarded tomb in history is dodged, you’re convincing somebody reading this who’s looking at what happened objectively and rationally that it can only be explained via a supernatural power. So thanks!!
                        Last edited by woodsman; 09-26-2018, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Respectfully, this has long been settled that Jesus was a real person that was crucified by the Roman Empire, for hundreds of people to witness, and disappeared like a fart in the wind. If a person wants to stick their head in the sand, then I guess it does make it my truth and not theirs. Call it what you want.

And again, 50+ Roman guards with a standing death sentence for failure. You tell me how that happens. Not just rhetoric, seriously tell me.

Why can nobody tell me? <—Rhetoric

Every time the question of explaining Jesus’ disappearance from the most heavily guarded tomb in history is dodged, you’re convincing somebody reading this who’s looking at what happened objectively and rationally that it can only be explained via a supernatural power. So thanks!!
                          Every time someone cannot tell you where Heaven is, but then in the same breath, ask where a body is, I see a confusion that is evident in any "truth". I have faith there is a body somewhere. See how that works?

You're Welcome!

Comment

Respectfully, this has long been settled that Jesus was a real person that was crucified by the Roman Empire, for hundreds of people to witness, and disappeared like a fart in the wind. If a person wants to stick their head in the sand, then I guess it does make it my truth and not theirs. Call it what you want.

Why can nobody tell me? <—Rhetoric

Good post but a total waste of time/effort IF it is directed at him... Be a lot better if you guys would quit quoting him... That'd be fewer displays of his drivel for many to see...

Comment

Every time someone cannot tell you where Heaven is, but then in the same breath, ask where a body is, I see a confusion that is evident in any "truth". I have faith there is a body somewhere. See how that works?

You're Welcome!
                              No, I don’t see how that works. Why would you link Jesus’ deity to him telling us the address of heaven? If Jesus was raised from the dead, not difficult to believe Heaven cannot be grasped from this world. I get that you don’t believe you were created, but under the premise that we are, why should a fallen created being demand to know God’s secrets?

Comment

Anyway, I’m out for a while. Will check back in later. Good discussion. Y’all dragged me out of posting silence lol.

You’re right Charlie, but I hope some will read it and think hard about what they believe and why.

Comment

Working...
                                X