No announcement yet.

Snake Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wore chips for years but recently went to a square toe Ariat and love it. They are so much more comfortable than the Chippewas.

Comment

Another vote for the chips. I have had mine for almost 10 years.

Comment

Danner or lacrosse rubber boots

Comment

Originally posted by DEG View Post
          Irish Setter. They're made by Redwing. Waterproof and they're like wearing tennis shoes. So comfortable I wear them in the winter as well. None of the other brands will fit around my calves.

These are very comfy! I’m hoping they last

Had been using the redhead zip ups but was only get 2-3 seasons out of them and then they fall apart.

Comment

IMHO, the Justins give up too much real estate with the "V" notch in front and rear. That was enough to prompt my return of them to the store when I bought a pair a couple of years ago.

I'm currently in some insulated Chips, but I'd like to give the Danner Pronghorns a try.

Comment

Got some Lacrosse waterproof snakeboots at Cabelas before Harvey hit. They're comfortable and I have no complaints with them.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                I love my Danner pronghorns.
                Same here. My Justin square toes are good also.

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$ey View Post
                  I’ve worn Chippewa for years and they’ve always lasted a long time. But this weekend we were looking for some boots for my son and I saw twisted x was making snake boots. I tried a pair on and man they are comfy and light. If I was needing a new pair I would have given them a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I tried Chips and just couldn't get them to fit right, I saw the Twisted X boots and man you are right, they sure are comfortable. Bought 'em
                  Last edited by T/Chmr; 09-18-2018, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Don't buy cheap. Those lacross camo pattern boots that have gone on clearance go on clearance for a reason. They are terrible and fall apart.

I finally ponied up the $$ for a pair of Justins and I have not looked back. I've worn them a ton just doing work around the lease in high grass, annual hunts down in S Texas, etc. They are comfy once broken in and they do the job well. I have large calves so I appreciate the fit.

Comment

Originally posted by kry226 View Post

I'm currently in some insulated Chips
                      I'm curious why they make insulated snake boots. I figure once its cold enough to need insulated boots I'm not worried about the snakes anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                        I'm curious why they make insulated snake boots. I figure once its cold enough to need insulated boots I'm not worried about the snakes anymore.
                        I wear mine more for cactus and thorn protection than for snakes.

Comment

My next pair will be Danner Sharptails.

Comment

Chippewa Moccasin Toe Bisons. Best pair of boots I have ever owned.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Best IMO

Irish Setters for me. As comfy as I've found.

Comment

Originally posted by Bish View Post
                                Running a special here on TBH, $40 and free shipping on Snake boots, Foreverlast

God Bless
                                Bish
                                for $40, these are worth a try.

Comment

Working...
                                X