This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    They looked pretty convincing to me the last two games. Gotta stop the repeated coaching mistakes is all. The 4th down at midfield. Really? Punt the **** ball and play D. The field was tilted in Texas favor the whole first half. That flipped it for TCU which resulted in 7 points 2 drives later. Boy was I screaming at the TV.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Not punting there was stupid. Our whole section was yelling to punt the ball before that play.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
      Well, while you boys were nursing your hangovers I went out and knocked out a 13 mile run in the humidity. Still didn't help the hurt after a TD loss at UW.
      I tried to stay up and watch all that game but went to bed half way thru the 3rd quarter. It was a good game.

Comment

I can't remember when I passed out but we were playing decent and I think down by 3

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
          Not punting there was stupid. Our whole section was yelling to punt the ball before that play.

Patterson was licking his chops when they went for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Herman should of punted and Patterson should of went for it on 4th down.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
              Herman should of punted and Patterson should of went for it on 4th down.
              Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
                Honest question. What do you think happened last night? Did army expos a weakness? Or were the Sooners just not prepared and not take them seriously?
                Combination of several things which happens to every CFB team. Last week OU played a conference game on the road at Iowa State. 37-27 Sooner victory as it’s never an easy win in Ames.

Yesterday OU hosted Army which most considered a “rent a win” or cupcake game. Problem is, Army runs the triple option to perfection and you can’t prepare for their offense in 3-4 days. Army runs the ball 90% of the time which eats up clock. Not uncommon for the Black Knights to have an 8-10 minute drive which wears down the defense and your offense only gets the ball 1-2 times per quarter. Army ran the ball 78 times for 340 yds, and OU’s offense was on the field for 15 minutes the entire game.

With the triple option, each defensive player has a gap to fill and is responsible for the FB, RB, QB, or WR in motion. One blown assignment at the LOS and the ball carrier can run for a first down or TD. OU defense yesterday could not stop the Army QB option and get off the field on 3rd and 4th downs.

Comment

Glorious victory over the Horn Toads yesterday, they really had our number the last 4 years. I cant say enough about the defense, excellent play by the secondary, especially later in the game and pretty much shut the TCU air attack down in the 4th. Linebackers are playing solid right now. Sam keeps getting better, wr's are legit!! Oline did an adequate job, but I dont think they dominated anybody yesterday. RB by committee is the best thing for now. Im enjoying this one, but keeping in mind TCU gave us a few presents along the way.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
                    Glorious victory over the Horn Toads yesterday, they really had our number the last 4 years. I cant say enough about the defense, excellent play by the secondary, especially later in the game and pretty much shut the TCU air attack down in the 4th. Linebackers are playing solid right now. Sam keeps getting better, wr's are legit!! Oline did an adequate job, but I dont think they dominated anybody yesterday. RB by committee is the best thing for now. Im enjoying this one, but keeping in mind TCU gave us a few presents along the way.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
                    There is major concern in Funkytown that QB1 is color blind,

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                      You and me both BoB! D was playing good why not pin them deep and let the D do their thing? Then to run a pitch play to the short side of the field...frustrating.

I agree....but if you are going to be aggressive and I'm ok with that too, put Sam under center and QB sneak it or hand it off on a quick developing play for that one yard. To call a play and pitch it 4 yards backwards when you need one and then all that to the short side of the field was frustrating. I said some real bad words that play.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                        Put me in my orange pantaloons. BOB congrats. Purple kryptonite 2.0 melted tonite. Hook em
                        Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                        Really trying to block the pain out tonight but pain killer just ran out. I missed it but I guess another Ag moral victory tonight? Horns can lay claim to best in TX. Oh an Chad C. congrats. Well done. Very impressive. Shut those Herman naysayers up. Should be a Shootout vs Boomer. So what's the next moral victory for Ag? Someone go check on RLB and see if he has anymore gunpowder for the next one

uhhhmmm..... aren't you forgetting somebody princess....

Last edited by Smart; 09-23-2018, 10:29 AM.

Comment

No moral victories here, some things you can look at positively and some that need major work. Run D was better than years pass, but the pass D is not good and the secondary can’t tackle worth a dang. WR had several dropped balls that would’ve extended a drive or made it a lot more manageable 3rd down and the OL needs major work. Props to Bama, their DL is very good and the QB is **** good.

Congrats to UT, hell of a game and looks like the D has made good strides as well as the O. It looked like Sam really settled in and is making better reads.

17NCS send my new aviator on over

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                            There is major concern in Funkytown that QB1 is color blind,

Hit them on the numbers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                              Finally got back on the front page of pick 'em....
                              I threw the Hail Mary and picked Texas for 10. I have been a bottom feeder this season.

Good luck to the Frogs going forward. I really like them but, was glad to get that monkey off our back. No way am I saying Texas is back. That offense is less than impressive but at least they seem to be making progress.

Aggie will be fine. Jimbo Aggins is working with Sumlin's team and making them look better. Still not saying they can beat Bama until Saban is gone. Only two teams have a shot at beating them; Georgia and themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                                Let's go boys. Get ya coffee or DR Pepper and let's talk college football.

Ok, I forget...how do I do the avatar? Do I post the pic here or in a PM? Poor ol Eradicator isn't gonna be able to post on ANY threads for a week. Lmao. No cute pic of our coach. Lol. Don't mess with the BoB. Bwaaaaaaaaaahaha.

Post it on the thread and say, here you go Eradicator. That way we all get a good look if it doesn’t turn out as good as an avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X